cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D wi fi functions missing

TonyaRN416
Contributor

When I attempt to link my 80D to my new iphone 11, I take the same steps as I did in my old phone, which worked just fine. Now, there are two issues, when I attempt to log into the Canon wifi, it asks for a password, the encryption is only 3 letters and that isn't long enough and two, on my camera, the wifi function screen is missing. The screen that comes up after you click "wifi function" where you can select computer, phone, printer etc. It's just gone. What does come up is the option to disconnect,exit, confirm set, error details, which is greyed out. Thanks in advance 

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Can you post a screenshot of what you saw on the phone.  I have noticed that the latest update from Apple has broken some stuff in both my iPhone and iPad.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

image0.png

I have a couple of images of the camera also but it won't let me insert those images for some reason. 

9B02712A-335B-4CBB-B970-D96CC9CBC157.pngthis is the screen I see after wifi functions. 

FIGURED IT OUT!!! It involved disconnecting from wifi, which I had done multiple times before, switched memory cards, again had attempted previously, went back in somehow reconnected to wifi and the page appeared. I have no idea where the missing link was but it worked. 

Announcements