cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canonusa
Administrator
Administrator

EOS-WEBCAM-TT3.jpg

Have you had a chance to use our EOS Webcam Utility Windows software?

We’d love to know what you think of it! Once you’ve had some experience with it, share your feedback below to get tips and tricks from our support team.

*Verified comments posted below this article will be given a "kudos" from the official Canon U.S.A. account and added to our the tips & tricks list below.*

original_monitor-image_03.png

*Image depicts available livestream viewing options*

Canon Tips: Using EOS Webcam Utility Software

• If the EOS Webcam Utility Beta software is already installed on your computer, please uninstall*the Beta version, before you attempt to install the EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 software on your computer.
  • The camera can only operate with one application on your computer at a time. If the video conferencing or streaming application you are trying to use cannot receive the video feed from your camera, close all other applications on your computer that may be connected to the camera.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 software with the EOS M50 camera, we suggest that the LCD screen be open and faced towards the user to achieve optimal performance.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 software with Facebook messenger on the Firefox browser, EOS Webcam Utility will not be listed as a function on your device. We recommend that you use the desktop version of Facebook messenger or utilize a different browser.

• We cannot guarantee the compatibility of the EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 with all video conferencing and/or streaming applications on the market. If you experience any issues, we recommend using an alternative video conferencing or streaming application and/or browser.

• Currently, if the Windows desktop version of Microsoft Teams app (v. 1.3.00.30866) is utilized and EOS Webcam Utility is selected as the camera device, Microsoft Teams will not function. You may use the browser based version of Microsoft Teams through Google Chrome browser to utilize EOS Webcam Utility with Microsoft Teams.

FIND THE RIGHT WEBCAM STARTER KIT

products-v2.png

Whether connecting with colleagues, academic peers, or family and friends, find the right webcam starter kit that works for you.

button-shop-now.png

176 Comments
Raulin
Not applicable

Is Canon going to provide the utility for the Rebel T1i ? 

Thanks

Steve McBride
Not applicable

how do I unitall the EOS Webcam Utility Beta

@canonusa wrote:

EOS-WEBCAM-TT3.jpg

We’d love to know what you think of our beta! Once you’ve had some experience with it, share your feedback below to get tips and tricks from our support team.

*Verified comments posted below this article will be given a "kudos" from the official Canon U.S.A. account and added to our the tips & tricks list below.*

• If the EOS Webcam Utility Beta software is already installed on your computer, please uninstall*the Beta version, before you attempt to install the EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software on your computer.
  • The camera can only operate with one application on your computer at a time. If the video conferencing or streaming application you are trying to use cannot receive the video feed from your camera, close all other applications on your computer that may be connected to the camera.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software with the EOS M50 camera, we suggest that the LCD screen be open and faced towards the user to achieve optimal performance.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software with Facebook messenger on the Firefox browser, EOS Webcam Utility will not be listed as a function on your device. We recommend that you use the desktop version of Facebook messenger or utilize a different browser.

• We cannot guarantee the compatibility of the EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 with all video conferencing and/or streaming applications on the market. If you experience any issues, we recommend using an alternative video conferencing or streaming application and/or browser.

products-v2.png

Whether connecting with colleagues, academic peers, or family and friends, find the right webcam starter kit that works for you.

button-shop-now.png

reggie winston
Not applicable

After many attempts im unable to download the driver for the webcam utilities. I need some help. 

This is the message i recieve after clicking the link to download:

Referral Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://downloads.canon.com/webcam/EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.0.zip" on this server.

Reference #24.3a2be8ac.1600392443.1900b374

Mike Brown
Not applicable

I keep getting an error when trying to download the EOS Webcam Utility. Please help

Referral Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://downloads.canon.com/webcam/EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.0.zip" on this server.

Reference #24.46eb2d17.1600433370.13a230d1

Abdul Sultani
Not applicable

Hello,

I have download and installed Canon Webcam Utility 1.0.12, the software is not  recognizing my canon 5d mark iii.

Error Message Screen Shot
https://ibb.co/7J169q4 

Glenn Wollner
Not applicable

I am using the Canon EOS webcam utility with a Canon 60D. The audio and video are not in sync. How do I fix that? Thanks.

Arif Ningrat
Not applicable
I've tried installing it and at the end of the installation an error occurred and the eos webcam utility application was not installed. I include the screen shot. I hope to find a solution

Billy Lane
Not applicable

When I choose my supported camera, I am taken to a product page that is stuck with a status of "loading..." where the webcam utility dowload should be listed. 

zahid delghans
Not applicable

TRATO DE CONECTAR MI CAMARA T7I A WIRECAST ATRAVEZ DE EOS WEBCAM UTILITY Y NO FUNCIONA, ACTUALICE EL DRIVER Y SIGUE IGUAL, NECESITO AYUDA

SnickoBigD
Not applicable

Hi Canon, 

Are you looking at expanding the supported camera models in the future (I am interested in a PowerShot g5x Mark i)? 

Thank you. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

TIP:  For best results, use M shooting mode.  Set exposure and focus in photo mode, prior to switching to video mode.

adit
Not applicable

why Canon Webcam Utility not support for windows 7

st3vdar
Not applicable

I am getting the USB error screen, but I have a compatible USB cord that is plugged in and my camera is powered on. My camera is compatible with the software and I bought the proper cord. Could my cord be a dud? What do I do?

canonID
Apprentice

I made a step by step video how to install and use the Canon EOS Webcam Utility, that does have a little trick in it :P, you can watch it here https://youtu.be/V-5ocpSXDB8

Opefully this will help people.

david cortez
Not applicable

EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 Windows connects but does not give video, I can connect to facebook with OBS but it does not give video, just a black screen with the name EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 Windows a camera and an exclamation point

James1138
Apprentice

Hey Canon,

Your FAQ's say that Audio is not transmitted through the USB Cable, and instead a microphone must be connected separately to the Windows Computer.

Exactly how is this done?  Most modern laptops do not have a MIC input jack. 

Most people these days surely are using laptops (MacBooks, Surface Books, Dell, Asus) and desktop PC's are now a thing of the past.   

Using the internal laptop audio is not an option.  Not only because the mic/laptop is situated behind the camera but of course a laptop microphone does not provide the capabiltiies like say what you get from say a Rode mic.

Therefore using "computer audio" via internal or external means is physically not an option.

I cannot see any reference to what your intentions are to make 'video conferencing' work. 

The marketing is that the new Webcam utility is compatible with Zoom, Teams etc - yet that is simply not the case

Help!

ihatebeinghere
Spectator

My camera keeps disconnecting.

I'm trying to set it up in OBS and once I plug it in it's a constant sound from Windows where the camera connects and disconnects every 2 seconds. This is a brand new cable so unless it's defective I'm out of answers. I've switched USB ports several times and it's the same issue.

I'm using the Rebel T3i with EOS Webcam Utility 1.0, I've never downloaded the beta version.

EOS600D
Not applicable

The EOS 600D keeps disconnecting. The WebCam screen is black in all applications, it's not being used by any other application at a time.

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

thumbnail_image001.jpg

Hi James1138, since you're seeing this, let me help you with your audio inquiry when using the EOS Webcam Utility. It is true that the EOS Webcam Utility does not transfer an audio signal with the video signal. The audio would have to be captured through the computer or laptop itself. It is true that some laptops may not have a built-in microphone and may not have a 3.5mm microphone port. There are external microphones available from third party companies that will connect to a computer through a USB port. This will allow users to use a microphone when using the EOS Webcam Utility.

FWIW
Not applicable

Hi all,

Well done Canon!  Great to see all the new addtions to the compatibility list!

I have a 100D (in UK) aka Rebel S1 and a question about resolution.

I've setup the camera as instructed and am streaming with OBS (great!) but the maximum resoltion I am able to get is 1280X720 - so "normal" HD... Is that a limit of this camera model or should I be able to get a full 1920x1080 picture?

Many thanks!

RobH
Not applicable

Picked up a 2nd hand 60D just to use this.

It works fine on my Mac but on my Windows PC, I get the "Red Triangle" warning and no image, the same as David Cortez above.

I have no other video capture utilities running as far as I can tell. How can I troubleshoot this?

Armaan
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Canon 80D. I was trying to use it as a webcam but after every 5-7 miniutes it stops working and i have to press the start/stop button to continue streaming. I have disabled auto power off too.

Please help me out!!

Spark263
Not applicable

I have installed the Webcam utility and it recognizes it in Skype which is a downloaded application.  But I want to use it directly through the web browser (MS Edge).  In site settings the EOS Webcam is seen and setup as the "official' webcam.  But when i try to access the camera through the website I want to use the camera on it get message "Camera or Mic is being used by some other process that does not let read the devices"

The EOS Untility is no on so that's not controlling the camera.  Skype is not so that's not controlling the camera. So what is controlling the camera, if anything?  And how do I make this work?

PisUshax
Apprentice

when we gonna get full HD 60 frame per second out of this??
at this point, with 576 *1024 nerfed resolution and frame rate capped at 30 I can't do anything.
please make higher resolution possible at least up to full HD 60 frame per second

TheMobileTrekker
Not applicable

I'm using EOS Webcam Utility on my Windows 10 Pro laptop with a Canon 70D and a Deity shotgun mic. Everything was working wonderfully for 3+ weeks, then it stopped picking up the audio from my external mic (verified that the mic was connected, turned on, etc.). About a week later, the webcam feed stopped working altogether. Ironically this happened right after I promoted this webcam solution on a variety of social platforms!

I can select "EOS Webcam Utility" as my camera in Zoom, Camtasia, etc. and both my computer and camera emit sounds that suggest that they are connected. However, no picture appears. I've tried reinstalling the software, changing cables, using different ports on my computer (all of which are working fine with other peripherals), etc. Nothing seems to work. Today I ran a BIOS update on my Dell laptop to see if that might solve the issue, but no luck.

Has anyone else run into similar issues?

I'm reliant on this setup now for frequent Zoom meetings as well as recording videos. Any ideas of things to try or what the issue might be would be most welcome. Thanks!

Flavio Humberto Pretti
Not applicable

Hello, I have an EOS M, is there a webcam software release for this model?

bradrlaw
Not applicable

It looks like the latest version of Microsoft Teams on OS X Catalina has broken the linkage to EOS Webcam Utility:

Version of Teams: 1.3.00.26266. It was last updated on 10/21/20.

Can stll use the utility when using teams in a browser (chrome or Edge), but this Teams desktop version no longer finds the camera (using a T6i) through the utility.

Brad

A2 Marketer
Not applicable

Hi, I'm working from home and am excited to try your EOS Webcam utility... but it doesn't support my camera yet.

When will you add support for the Powershot G9X? (mk. 1 and 2)

Thanks -- I'm looking forward to making every work meeting better!

JoeContes
Not applicable

I have an EOS 80D. When I try to use it on a Windows10 PC that had the beta version installed before (has since been removed), Zoom sees the utility, but does not show any video. Other apps also recognize the utility is there, but will not show any video. This PC also had the EOS Utility version 3.13 for Windows installed, but it also has been removed.

Is there some residual effect of those earlier apps that is preventing the new Webcam Utility from working properly? I installed it on two other PC's and it worked fine on them.

Any ideas?

Memart
Not applicable

I have a Canon SX1 IS camera and am hoping that your EOS webcam utility software will enable me to use this camera as a webcam.  I have downloaded the latest version (not Beta) but have not been successful in making my camera work with my Windows 10 computer.  Keeping my fingers crossed...

Josh21zoom
Not applicable

I have installed the webcam utility and it is great.

However, I have noticed that my video aspect ratio on Zoom is 4:3 instead of 16:9.

I have tried changing the setting on zoom vide but doe snot help.

Does anyone experience this or does anyone here know how to fix this?

danaaultman
Not applicable

I'm trying to use Webcam Utility 1.1 on an HP Win 10 machine and a Powershot SX70 HS.  I can never get the app to load successfully.  I downloaded the zipped file, opened it, and it says it installs successfully.  The app is not recognized as "Recently installed" and if I go to the install folder manually, I see 7 installed files, but no executable application file.  I have application extensions, but no application.  Very weird.  Until I actually get the app, there's no way for me to test this feature out.  Any thoughts out there?

Canon User7898
Not applicable

It does not appear that the webcam utility will work over Citrix Receiver sessions.  

I have a Canon EOS R6, which works well overall, but when connecting to a Windows host over a Citrix session, applications such as WebEx on the remote host will be unable to display video from the Webcam utility device (although other standard webcams will work without issue).  I am assuming the Canon EOS utlility is DirectShow compatible.  Any idea if this is a known issue or if any fix/workaround is available?

Thank you

RyanB
Not applicable

Does anyone have a real solution to the lens closing upon connecting the USB cable?

G7X Mark II on Win 10, trying to use zoom. There is NO instance of EOS Webcam Utility running in my processes. I just get the black screen in zoom that shows "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY".

Aristide
Not applicable

I have Canon M 100 Ca n I use EOS WEBCAM UTILITY? if yes, which one?

Ponderous Pete
Not applicable

I have an EOS t7i and there is no USB port.  What cable should I use?  There is a HTMI mini port.  Should I use a HTMI with a USB on the other end?  How is this done.?

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

PonderousPete.jpg

Greetings, Ponderous Pete

The EOS Rebel T7i does have a USB port located on the the left-hand side of the camera body if you were to hold the camera for taking pictures. There is a flap / cover that can be opened to reveal the USB port and the HDMI port. You may click on the following link to access the user guide for the EOS Rebel T7i and there is a diagram on page 28.

The camera is able to use the Interface Cable IFC-400PCU to connect the camera to your computer through the USB port on your computer. You may also use a standard USB Mini B cable which is the size of the USB port on the EOS Rebel T7i camera. Unfortunately, the HDMI port will not work when using the EOS Webcam Utility.

Charles Barnhart
Not applicable

Many times, I have successfully used the Webcam Utility with my 5D Mark IV for Zoom meetings, connected by supplied 4.9 ft. Interface Cable (IFC-150U II). Desiring to put some distance between the camera and my Surface Pro 6, I purchased a generic 20 ft. USB 3.0 extension cable. However, this arrangement is not stable and camera eventually disconnects or shuts down video feed after a couple of minutes. I am wondering if I would have more success with the official Canon IFC-500U II (15.4 ft.) Interface Cable. Or does the longer cable length interfere with live streaming? A footnote in the manual indicates that communication speed with the longer cable is "equivalent to HI-Speed USB (USB 2.0)." 

Paulo Lavinio de Araujo Junior
Not applicable

@canonusa wrote:

EOS-WEBCAM-TT3.jpg

We’d love to know what you think of it! Once you’ve had some experience with it, share your feedback below to get tips and tricks from our support team.

• If the EOS Webcam Utility Beta software is already installed on your computer, please uninstall*the Beta version, before you attempt to install the EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 software on your computer.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 software with the EOS M50 camera, we suggest that the LCD screen be open and faced towards the user to achieve optimal performance.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 software with Facebook messenger on the Firefox browser, EOS Webcam Utility will not be listed as a function on your device. We recommend that you use the desktop version of Facebook messenger or utilize a different browser.

• We cannot guarantee the compatibility of the EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 with all video conferencing and/or streaming applications on the market. If you experience any issues, we recommend using an alternative video conferencing or streaming application and/or browser.

• Currently, if the Windows desktop version of Microsoft Teams app (v. 1.3.00.30866) is utilized and EOS Webcam Utility is selected as the camera device, Microsoft Teams will not function. You may use the browser based version of Microsoft Teams through Google Chrome browser to utilize EOS Webcam Utility with Microsoft Teams.

products-v2.png

button-shop-now.png

Hi
I was realyy happy with EOS version 1.0 using my SL3 in Microsoft Teams. Now with this new version 1.1 it does not working anymore. I saw the Notice here about problems with Microsoft Teams. But I want to know if is possible go back to my EOS Webcam utility version 1.0 what was working with my Eos webcamutility in Canon SL3. I just use Microsoft Teams official software in my company. Do you know when this problem will be solved?

BenZuid
Not applicable

I have downloaded the webcamutility, hooked up my M50 - no problems.
Now, when I try to use the M50 as a webcam in Bluejeans, the picture looks great! and it is upside down...

Microsoft Teams just crashes.

I don't have a choice in the matter, as this is for work.

When will these apps be supported?

CharmingC
Not applicable

I installed the software to use it with my EOS 50D which is not listed in the support camera list.  It's getting images on Microsoft Camera app.  I can record a video from the image as well.  One thing that needs to be improved. The image of face is blurry.

How do I control the camera to auto focus on the face?  Thank you.

Loria Cobleigh
Not applicable

I attached my T3i to USB and initially had it working on zoom but now whenever I open zoom the camera keeps clicking on and off and no picture but on the camera screen it keeping saying press camera button to activate movie shooting.

I'm very new to using the camera so not familiar with many settings.

BelgianWaffle
Not applicable

I noticed that I did not have the option to select my built-in camera in ZOOM. I uninstalled the Webcam Utility and now realized that the built in camera is gone in Device Manager. I don't know the model of my built in camera so now I have none. How do I fix that?

SmilingCats
Not applicable

This's a Win 10 user.

I followed every step shown in the video strictly, and it's successfully been installed.

But it would only show a black screen or a blank screen if I select Canon Webcam Utility on the Zoom platform. 

When I connected my EOS R5 to the computer, the camera's screen would produce random flashes then showed a computer icon with a loading bar.

Strangely, I tried to install Webcam Utility on my Surface Pro 4, and it worked perfectly. No black screen, I could see the Canon Webcam Utility icon even without the camera's connection.

• Reinstallation didn't work. I always reboot after I complete the installation. 
  • I don't have EOS Utility installed on my PC, neither on my laptop.
  • I did try to install EOS Utility, but my Webcam Utility still appeared to be a blank screen.
  • I am pretty sure that my cable is not the problem since it worked on my laptop.

Does anyone have the same issue?

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

SmilingCats.jpg

Greetings, SmilingCats

It is odd that the EOS Webcam Utility is working well on your Surface Pro 4 since it also runs Windows, but it's not working on your computer. If you are seeing a black screen when trying to use Zoom, then it may be to where the EOS Webcam Utility is in use by a different program on your computer. It may not be an open app but an app that may be running in the background. Either close the other application that is also using EOS Webcam Utility or choose another video source in that application such as your built-in camera, if available.

Let's also check to see if there is any security software or security setting that may be blocking the communication between the camera and Zoom.

Per your description, you have performed many of the troubleshooting steps that we would have recommended. If you do need further assistance with troubleshooting the EOS Webcam Utility with your computer, then please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET.

Daniel Neto
Not applicable

I have a EOS 70D and I'm using Windows 10 Pro. All video and system drivers/updates are up to date. Whenever I try to use the EOS Webcam Utility, there's no signal on my applications. I've followed the instructions and nothing is displayed. Can you help me on this matter?

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Daniel Neto,

There are a couple of things to try. The first is to restart your computer. The EOS Webcam Utility needs a computer restart in order to work. Make sure you are selecting the Restart option by left clicking on the Windows icon rather than using the power button on the computer.

The other thing is to make sure your EOS Utility is fully closed before starting your webcam software. When the EOS Utility and the webcam utility are both on at the same time it prevents the webcam utility from detecting your camera. That is because when they're both open at the same time they both try to use the camera at the same time. When you close the EOS Utility check your system tray as well. Sometimes it can still be running in the background.

One more thing to do is to make sure your camera is set to Movie mode. Sometimes if the camera is still in photography mode it can cause connection issues.

It would also be good to try a different USB cable and to make sure the wifi is disabled on your camera. When wifi is enabled on the EOS 70D it disables the USB port. To check the wifi setting press the Menu button, go to the third yellow wrench tab, and make sure Wi-Fi is set to Disable. Once that is disabled try using the EOS Webcam Utility again to see if the same thing happens.

dneto
Spectator
Dear @Hazel_T, I appreciate your help. But I figured out that my antivirus (Kaspersky Total Security) was blocking my EOS 70D video stream. So, I believe this is now solved from my side. Thank you once again!
Isael
Not applicable

Hello,

I recently bought an EOS Rebel T7 and I updated my firmware withing the camera, also installed the EOS Webcam Utility, unfortunately I can not make it work in either OBS or Discord and it is driving me crazy, I checked the compatibility page for the cameras before buying and it seems like its not working as intended. I have to add that im running the camera on a battery and not on the dummy, not sure if this would affect the functionality or not.

Best regards

Isael
Not applicable

I forgot to mention that the utility is not showing in my app tray, not sure how to start it manually.