Canon Community Canon Community

Canon USA EOS Webcam Utility – Windows Official Tips & Tricks

by Community Manager ‎09-16-2020 04:54 PM - edited ‎09-17-2020 07:02 AM

EOS-WEBCAM-TT3.jpg

Have you had a chance to use our EOS Webcam Utility Windows software?

We’d love to know what you think of our beta! Once you’ve had some experience with it, share your feedback below to get tips and tricks from our support team.

*Verified comments posted below this article will be given a "kudos" from the official Canon U.S.A. account and added to our the tips & tricks list below.*

original_monitor-image_03.png

*Image depicts available livestream viewing options*

Canon Tips: Using EOS Webcam Utility Software

• If the EOS Webcam Utility Beta software is already installed on your computer, please uninstall*the Beta version, before you attempt to install the EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software on your computer.
  • The camera can only operate with one application on your computer at a time. If the video conferencing or streaming application you are trying to use cannot receive the video feed from your camera, close all other applications on your computer that may be connected to the camera.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software with the EOS M50 camera, we suggest that the LCD screen be open and faced towards the user to achieve optimal performance.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software with Facebook messenger on the Firefox browser, EOS Webcam Utility will not be listed as a function on your device. We recommend that you use the desktop version of Facebook messenger or utilize a different browser.

• We cannot guarantee the compatibility of the EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 with all video conferencing and/or streaming applications on the market. If you experience any issues, we recommend using an alternative video conferencing or streaming application and/or browser.

FIND THE RIGHT WEBCAM STARTER KIT

products-v2.png

Whether connecting with colleagues, academic peers, or family and friends, find the right webcam starter kit that works for you.

button-shop-now.png

Comments
by Raulin
on ‎09-17-2020 02:51 PM

Is Canon going to provide the utility for the Rebel T1i ? 

Thanks

by Steve McBride
on ‎09-17-2020 03:32 PM

how do I unitall the EOS Webcam Utility Beta

@canonusa wrote:

EOS-WEBCAM-TT3.jpg

Have you had a chance to use our EOS Webcam Utility Windows software?

We’d love to know what you think of our beta! Once you’ve had some experience with it, share your feedback below to get tips and tricks from our support team.

*Verified comments posted below this article will be given a "kudos" from the official Canon U.S.A. account and added to our the tips & tricks list below.*

original_monitor-image_03.png

*Image depicts available livestream viewing options*

Canon Tips: Using EOS Webcam Utility Software

• If the EOS Webcam Utility Beta software is already installed on your computer, please uninstall*the Beta version, before you attempt to install the EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software on your computer.
  • The camera can only operate with one application on your computer at a time. If the video conferencing or streaming application you are trying to use cannot receive the video feed from your camera, close all other applications on your computer that may be connected to the camera.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software with the EOS M50 camera, we suggest that the LCD screen be open and faced towards the user to achieve optimal performance.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software with Facebook messenger on the Firefox browser, EOS Webcam Utility will not be listed as a function on your device. We recommend that you use the desktop version of Facebook messenger or utilize a different browser.

• We cannot guarantee the compatibility of the EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 with all video conferencing and/or streaming applications on the market. If you experience any issues, we recommend using an alternative video conferencing or streaming application and/or browser.

FIND THE RIGHT WEBCAM STARTER KIT

products-v2.png

Whether connecting with colleagues, academic peers, or family and friends, find the right webcam starter kit that works for you.

button-shop-now.png

by reggie winston
on ‎09-17-2020 09:33 PM

After many attempts im unable to download the driver for the webcam utilities. I need some help. 

This is the message i recieve after clicking the link to download:

Referral Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://downloads.canon.com/webcam/EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.0.zip" on this server.

Reference #24.3a2be8ac.1600392443.1900b374

by Mike Brown
on ‎09-18-2020 08:50 AM

I keep getting an error when trying to download the EOS Webcam Utility. Please help

Referral Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://downloads.canon.com/webcam/EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.0.zip" on this server.

Reference #24.46eb2d17.1600433370.13a230d1

by Abdul Sultani
on ‎09-18-2020 09:28 AM

Hello,

I have download and installed Canon Webcam Utility 1.0.12, the software is not  recognizing my canon 5d mark iii.

Error Message Screen Shot
https://ibb.co/7J169q4 

by Glenn Wollner
on ‎09-19-2020 12:05 AM

I am using the Canon EOS webcam utility with a Canon 60D. The audio and video are not in sync. How do I fix that? Thanks.

by Arif Ningrat
on ‎09-20-2020 11:48 AM
I've tried installing it and at the end of the installation an error occurred and the eos webcam utility application was not installed. I include the screen shot. I hope to find a solution

by Billy Lane
on ‎09-21-2020 03:58 PM

When I choose my supported camera, I am taken to a product page that is stuck with a status of "loading..." where the webcam utility dowload should be listed. 

by SnickoBigD
on ‎09-22-2020 12:12 AM

Hi Canon, 

Are you looking at expanding the supported camera models in the future (I am interested in a PowerShot g5x Mark i)? 

Thank you. 

by
on ‎09-22-2020 06:32 AM

TIP:  For best results, use M shooting mode.  Set exposure and focus in photo mode, prior to switching to video mode.

by adit
on ‎09-22-2020 01:31 PM

why Canon Webcam Utility not support for windows 7

by st3vdar
on ‎09-22-2020 08:29 PM

I am getting the USB error screen, but I have a compatible USB cord that is plugged in and my camera is powered on. My camera is compatible with the software and I bought the proper cord. Could my cord be a dud? What do I do?

by
on ‎09-25-2020 11:44 AM

I made a step by step video how to install and use the Canon EOS Webcam Utility, that does have a little trick in it Smiley Tongue, you can watch it here https://youtu.be/V-5ocpSXDB8

Opefully this will help people.

by david cortez
on ‎10-02-2020 11:35 PM

EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 Windows connects but does not give video, I can connect to facebook with OBS but it does not give video, just a black screen with the name EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 Windows a camera and an exclamation point

by
on ‎10-03-2020 07:41 AM

Hey Canon,

Your FAQ's say that Audio is not transmitted through the USB Cable, and instead a microphone must be connected separately to the Windows Computer.

Exactly how is this done?  Most modern laptops do not have a MIC input jack. 

Most people these days surely are using laptops (MacBooks, Surface Books, Dell, Asus) and desktop PC's are now a thing of the past.   

Using the internal laptop audio is not an option.  Not only because the mic/laptop is situated behind the camera but of course a laptop microphone does not provide the capabiltiies like say what you get from say a Rode mic.

Therefore using "computer audio" via internal or external means is physically not an option.

I cannot see any reference to what your intentions are to make 'video conferencing' work. 

The marketing is that the new Webcam utility is compatible with Zoom, Teams etc - yet that is simply not the case

Help!

by
on ‎10-04-2020 03:26 AM

My camera keeps disconnecting.

I'm trying to set it up in OBS and once I plug it in it's a constant sound from Windows where the camera connects and disconnects every 2 seconds. This is a brand new cable so unless it's defective I'm out of answers. I've switched USB ports several times and it's the same issue.

I'm using the Rebel T3i with EOS Webcam Utility 1.0, I've never downloaded the beta version.

by EOS600D
on ‎10-06-2020 06:04 PM

The EOS 600D keeps disconnecting. The WebCam screen is black in all applications, it's not being used by any other application at a time.

by Product Expert
on ‎10-07-2020 08:21 PM

thumbnail_image001.jpg

Hi James1138, since you're seeing this, let me help you with your audio inquiry when using the EOS Webcam Utility. It is true that the EOS Webcam Utility does not transfer an audio signal with the video signal. The audio would have to be captured through the computer or laptop itself. It is true that some laptops may not have a built-in microphone and may not have a 3.5mm microphone port. There are external microphones available from third party companies that will connect to a computer through a USB port. This will allow users to use a microphone when using the EOS Webcam Utility.

by FWIW
on ‎10-08-2020 11:52 AM

Hi all,

Well done Canon!  Great to see all the new addtions to the compatibility list!

I have a 100D (in UK) aka Rebel S1 and a question about resolution.

I've setup the camera as instructed and am streaming with OBS (great!) but the maximum resoltion I am able to get is 1280X720 - so "normal" HD... Is that a limit of this camera model or should I be able to get a full 1920x1080 picture?

Many thanks!

by RobH
on ‎10-10-2020 06:49 PM

Picked up a 2nd hand 60D just to use this.

It works fine on my Mac but on my Windows PC, I get the "Red Triangle" warning and no image, the same as David Cortez above.

I have no other video capture utilities running as far as I can tell. How can I troubleshoot this?

by Armaan
on ‎10-11-2020 02:10 AM

Hi, I have a Canon 80D. I was trying to use it as a webcam but after every 5-7 miniutes it stops working and i have to press the start/stop button to continue streaming. I have disabled auto power off too.

Please help me out!!

by Spark263
on ‎10-12-2020 01:25 PM

I have installed the Webcam utility and it recognizes it in Skype which is a downloaded application.  But I want to use it directly through the web browser (MS Edge).  In site settings the EOS Webcam is seen and setup as the "official' webcam.  But when i try to access the camera through the website I want to use the camera on it get message "Camera or Mic is being used by some other process that does not let read the devices"

The EOS Untility is no on so that's not controlling the camera.  Skype is not so that's not controlling the camera. So what is controlling the camera, if anything?  And how do I make this work?

by
on ‎10-15-2020 09:51 AM

when we gonna get full HD 60 frame per second out of this??
at this point, with 576 *1024 nerfed resolution and frame rate capped at 30 I can't do anything.
please make higher resolution possible at least up to full HD 60 frame per second

by TheMobileTrekker
on ‎10-21-2020 05:08 PM

I'm using EOS Webcam Utility on my Windows 10 Pro laptop with a Canon 70D and a Deity shotgun mic. Everything was working wonderfully for 3+ weeks, then it stopped picking up the audio from my external mic (verified that the mic was connected, turned on, etc.). About a week later, the webcam feed stopped working altogether. Ironically this happened right after I promoted this webcam solution on a variety of social platforms!

I can select "EOS Webcam Utility" as my camera in Zoom, Camtasia, etc. and both my computer and camera emit sounds that suggest that they are connected. However, no picture appears. I've tried reinstalling the software, changing cables, using different ports on my computer (all of which are working fine with other peripherals), etc. Nothing seems to work. Today I ran a BIOS update on my Dell laptop to see if that might solve the issue, but no luck.

Has anyone else run into similar issues?

I'm reliant on this setup now for frequent Zoom meetings as well as recording videos. Any ideas of things to try or what the issue might be would be most welcome. Thanks!

by Flavio Humberto Pretti
on ‎10-22-2020 08:01 AM

Hello, I have an EOS M, is there a webcam software release for this model?

by bradrlaw
on ‎10-23-2020 07:12 PM

It looks like the latest version of Microsoft Teams on OS X Catalina has broken the linkage to EOS Webcam Utility:

Version of Teams: 1.3.00.26266. It was last updated on 10/21/20.

Can stll use the utility when using teams in a browser (chrome or Edge), but this Teams desktop version no longer finds the camera (using a T6i) through the utility.

Brad

by A2 Marketer
on ‎10-26-2020 03:32 PM

Hi, I'm working from home and am excited to try your EOS Webcam utility... but it doesn't support my camera yet.

When will you add support for the Powershot G9X? (mk. 1 and 2)

Thanks -- I'm looking forward to making every work meeting better!

by JoeContes
on ‎10-26-2020 04:51 PM

I have an EOS 80D. When I try to use it on a Windows10 PC that had the beta version installed before (has since been removed), Zoom sees the utility, but does not show any video. Other apps also recognize the utility is there, but will not show any video. This PC also had the EOS Utility version 3.13 for Windows installed, but it also has been removed.

Is there some residual effect of those earlier apps that is preventing the new Webcam Utility from working properly? I installed it on two other PC's and it worked fine on them.

Any ideas?

by Memart
on ‎10-27-2020 06:08 PM

I have a Canon SX1 IS camera and am hoping that your EOS webcam utility software will enable me to use this camera as a webcam.  I have downloaded the latest version (not Beta) but have not been successful in making my camera work with my Windows 10 computer.  Keeping my fingers crossed...