cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBCAM UTILITY - 5D MKIII???

ryanphotovideo
Apprentice
I know it’s a slightly older camera, but the 5DmkIII is still a hugely ubiquitous camera line. Is there any hope of seeing support for this camera and the Webcam Utility, like, soon? A lot of us out here are hurting for this BAD. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ryanphotovideo wrote:
I know it’s a slightly older camera, but the 5DmkIII is still a hugely ubiquitous camera line. Is there any hope of seeing support for this camera and the Webcam Utility, like, soon? A lot of us out here are hurting for this BAD. Thanks!

Have you tried installing it to see if it works?  Many users of unofficially supported cameras are reporting that it works.  If you compare the file size and checksums of the various downloads, they all seem identical.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ryanphotovideo
Apprentice
Oh really? Would you suggest downloading the 5Dmkiv one, or is there another camera on the list that is mechanically and technically closer?

ryanphotovideo
Apprentice
I tried with the 5Dmk4 utility but to no avail. Has anyone had success with getting the 5Dmk3?

@ryanphotovideo wrote:
I tried with the 5Dmk4 utility but to no avail. Has anyone had success with getting the 5Dmk3?

If you look at the two big "webcam" threads pinned to the top of the forum.  One of the threads is for Windows 10, which is the older one.  One of the threads is for the Mac OS, and is the newer thread.  I think people in the Windows thread say that were able to get it to work on the 5D Mark II/III/IV.

However, many people are getting it to work because they overlooked a detail in the instructions.  A brief set of instructions are on the download page when you downloaded the software  Review the first post in each of those threads an expanded set of instructions, along with hints and tips.

How are you trying to use it?  Videoconferencing?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements