cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Livestream with EOS 70D, EOS Webcam Utility and Streamlabs desktop

stevenhdyson
Apprentice

Hello, I am trying to livestream on a MacBook using my EOS70D the Webcam utility and Streamlabs. Opening Streamlabs I can chose the webcam utility and on the selection screen see the output from my camera. However when I OK the selection and go to the main screen the camera miser doors and the camera shows a 'PC' symbol and there is no output. So close but not quite there. Can anyone help?

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevenhdyson
Apprentice

Rick

Thank you for your response.

'Camera miser door' was meant to be 'camera mirror drops' ie shutter closes. Spell check I presume!
Version of MAC OS is Catalina 10.15.17
Cable is USB Mini / USB A
Intriguingly I tried it with Zoom and it worked as expected so I will pursue alternative software

My serial number does begin with 22 however the camera has recently been rebuilt with all new circuit boards following a nasty encounter with a large amount of seawater. However I will check.

Thanks for your help

Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Additionally, I would be careful using your 70D as a webcam (prolonged) use.

Canon Support | Service Notice: EOS 70D: Error 70 or Error 80 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

This model experienced an above average number of PCB related failures, mostly due to overheating and a defective PCB. Canon acknowledged the defect and replaced the PCB's on units affected by this phenomenon. Support for this free service ends Dec 31, 2022. Use the link above and verify if your serial number is one that might be prone to fail. I'm not trying to scare you, just want you to be informed of the possible predisposition. Hopefully you are not affected. Just be aware.

In rare cases, error 70 or error 80 may repeatedly display on some EOS 70D digital SLR cameras due to an internal communication failure resulting from the structure of the electrical printed circuit board. If use of the camera is subsequently continued, a state may occur in which the camera’s power does not turn on. In most cases, this phenomenon occurs in conjunction with continuous use of the camera while the camera’s internal temperature is high, such as when shooting movies continuously.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@stevenhdysonwrote:

Hello, I am trying to livestream on a MacBook using my EOS70D the Webcam utility and Streamlabs. Opening Streamlabs I can chose the webcam utility and on the selection screen see the output from my camera. However when I OK the selection and go to the main screen the camera miser doors and the camera shows a 'PC' symbol and there is no output. So close but not quite there. Can anyone help?

Steve

Hi Steve,

What does camera miser door mean please?

What version of MAC OS are you running?

What type of cable are you using to connect?

Have you tried/tested another streaming application?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

stevenhdyson
Apprentice

Rick

Thank you for your response.

'Camera miser door' was meant to be 'camera mirror drops' ie shutter closes. Spell check I presume!
Version of MAC OS is Catalina 10.15.17
Cable is USB Mini / USB A
Intriguingly I tried it with Zoom and it worked as expected so I will pursue alternative software

My serial number does begin with 22 however the camera has recently been rebuilt with all new circuit boards following a nasty encounter with a large amount of seawater. However I will check.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Thank you everyone (Especially Rick) I think the software I was using doesn't work well on Catalina, I have now tried it with Zoom, a couple of other streaming apps and finally direct with Youtube and they all worked! I just randomly chose the wrong one!

Steve

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Steven,

If your body was serviced for seawater exposure, it probably got a new PCB and will not be predisposed to heat related failures. I'm glad you solved the issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements