cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX530HS as a webcam either USB OR HDMI OUT

Alex13mod
Apprentice

Can anyone know a custom firmware to allow videout to a capture device or how to use the USB WEBCAM UTILITY with this camera. I've seen older models work and this one seems to not work as a HDMI OUT to camture device or using the EOS WEBCAM Utiltiy. 

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Alex13mod wrote:

Can anyone know a custom firmware to allow videout to a capture device or how to use the USB WEBCAM UTILITY with this camera. I've seen older models work and this one seems to not work as a HDMI OUT to camture device or using the EOS WEBCAM Utiltiy. 

Is that camera capable of being connected to a computer for remotely controlled shooting?  I have noticed that every compatible camera, even those not officially listed as being supported, are capable of remote shooting via USB to a computer.

[EDIT]. BTW, it is unreasonable to expect a $200 camera to perform like a $2000 camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Alex13mod
Apprentice
Yes, It supports Wi-fi remote connect to phones but not remote connection to PC. Its basically a firmware update or application to allow the camera to work.

When I bought the camera it costed me 400 plus back then. It does Have HDMI Out and USB.

@Alex13mod wrote:
Yes, It supports Wi-fi remote connect to phones but not remote connection to PC. Its basically a firmware update or application to allow the camera to work.

When I bought the camera it costed me 400 plus back then. It does Have HDMI Out and USB.

If you paid over $400, then it sounds like you either paid too much or got one of those camera bundles with lots of accessories that are not very useful, except perhaps for a camera bag and a memory card.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/powershot-sx530-hs 

No matter, though.  It is unreasonable to expect a $200 camera to perform like a $2000 camera.  I seriously doubt if here will be any firmware updates to add powerful features not currently available in the camera.  

The HDMI output is connected to the playback electronics in the camera.  To use it as a we a cam, the HDMI output would need an electronic connection to the image sensor, which I doubt that your camera has.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements