cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook (Ventura 13.2.1) and DPP4 (Version 4.17.20.0) and Google Drive

Landon_H
Contributor

Just started using a Macbook to cull/organize my 1000s of photos on Google Drive.  The Windows version of DPP4 works fine as far as finding the locally mapped google drive folder.  However, on this new Macbook, google drive folder(s) do not show up in DPP4 -- only the Macintosh HD.  And there is no trace of google drive folders when parsing that Mac HD.  GD shows up in Finder just fine and I can navigate around into all my photo folders.  

What's the trick to get GD folders to show up in the Folder pane of DPP4?  Tried the various disk access toggles in Privacy and Security in the OS settings.  But maybe I missed something.  

I'm about ready to give up on DPP4 and I hate to cause I found it useful for my purposes when using it w/Windows.  Adobe Bridge and Photoshop Elements has no problem finding the files on GD in MacOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Landon_H
Contributor

Well, I'm an idiot.  Finally figured this out.  In MacOS you have to deliberately enable an option in Finder to make the Library folder show up.  Once I did that, Library became visible in DPP4 and I was able to navigate to CloudDrive/GoogleDrive and find all my digital photos.  Screenshot below if interested.  Thanks for all the responses.  Hope this helps someone.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 7.00.59 PM.png

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thats good news and this likely will help someone.  The last few months have been filled with discoveries like this in Ventura.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

TormodVBurkey
Contributor

Can you even get DPP4 to run in Ventura?

Mine crashes immediately, and Canon Support says they have no idea when they will have a new version of DPP4 that will run under Ventura. 

DPP4 works fine on my M2 MacBook Air w/Ventura. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements