Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Only Works Once

Hawk3ye
Apprentice

I'm fed up with this Canon Webcam Utility

Hi all,

So, I've tried almost everything to get this working. I can get it to work for maybe one Zoom call, and when I disconnect and try it the next day, it won't work anymore.

This happens consistently; I'll get it to work, and then it'll stop working the next time I use it.

My computer: iMac 27' inch 2019 model with an intel processor

Operating System: MacOS Ventura 13.0

My Camera: Canon 70D

What am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What specific camera and what computer/operating system are you using?  That info will help others troubleshoot.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Yes, of course. I've updated my original post.

Greetings Hawk3ye,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the EOS Webcam Utility software.

Our Canon software engineers are still reviewing the option of updating the software to be compatible with macOS 13. You may try downloading and installing the latest versions of our software for macOS 12 and see it they will work with macOS 13. You may need to click on the drop-down box for the operating system to change the operating system to macOS 12.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-70d

In case the software won't run on your computer, then I would recommend on occasionally checking the software download page to see when updates do become available. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Announcements