cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7x Mark III not showing image on eos webcam utility

ivansetiadi
Contributor

After i re-install my PC my canon g7x mark iii not showing any images on obs only eos Webcam Utility text. It was working perfectly fine before i reinstall my windows. after googling the problems i think my pc didnt recognize it as a webcam. its detected as a "another device" for transferring files
Note: - im not installing any other eos apps this is a fresh installed windows only eos webcam utility

- i already disable wifi and bluetooth on my camera

Untitled.png310298640_10221968534823426_7740711184016239061_n.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Which version of Windows did you install?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Still the same like before. Windows 10

Untitled.png

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

My first thought is that you fresh install is missing a device driver.  Perhaps installing the regular EOS Utility will install the device driver.  To use the Webcam Utility you would have to make sure the regular EOS Utility is closed and the EOS Utility Launcher Service is also disabled and shut down.

Are those two cables coming out of the camera?  If one is an AC Adapter, retest the camera using only battery power, too.  

so i need to install EOS Utility 3.11.0 for Windows first ?

so i already installed eos utility and make sure utility launcher service isnt running, still no images on eos webcam utility in my obs

ivansetiadi
Contributor

and the weird thing everytime i turn on my camera, this window to access camera sd card pop out ( it never happens before )asdasd.png

What is the second cable coming out of the camera?

Was the regular EOS Utility able to launch itself and run?

If Windows asks you what should it do when it detects your camera on the USB port, then select the option “Take No Action”.  If you have made any other choice, remove and re-install both EOS Utilities.

first is usb cable camera to pc

second is dummy battery cable

i'm installing eos utility the apps work i can open it but nothings happen with my eos webcam utility

btw this is the 3rd time i reinstall the eos webcam utilities, everytime i uninstall this app this thing always happen. i need to force stop the ewcservice on task manager

Untitled.png

Announcements