cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7X Mark II will no longer transfer images via wifi to laptop with Windows 11

whatever1
Contributor

Since I updated my laptop to Windows 11 there is no longer an option to upload photos via wifi from the G7X Mark ii to windows 11.  The computer won't recognize the camera and the camera can't find the computer. Yes I restarted the computer and camera multiple times, yes I'm sure wifi is working and connected to laptop.  The camera will still download photos to my phone but then I have to email them from my phone to my computer which takes forever and is a ridiculous workaround.  I spoke with Canon support on the phone and they told me there is no Windows 11 uploader software from Canon and that I can try the Windows 10 downloader but that was already on the laptop and no longer works. Yes, I tried reinstalling it, it still doesn't work.  Is there ANY way to transfer photos to a Windows 11 device via wifi?

13 REPLIES 13

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Is there a specific reason you have to transfer the images using Wi-Fi instead of the recommended method of taking the card out of the camera and plugging it into the computer?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

whatever1
Contributor

I have a surfacepro, there is no card reader. I'm on disability and am not able to buy a new computer just to use the camera. I would like to use the cameras advertised and claimed ability to transfer photos via wifi. If I cannot use the wifi I have to buy a card reader for the surfacepro or a micro sd to usb cord. I don't feel it's appropriate that I have to buy additional hardware accessories because the claimed features of the camera won't work.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“ Since I updated my laptop to Windows 11 there is no longer an option to upload photos via wifi from the G7X Mark ii to windows 11. “

Updating the Operating System could most likely be the issue. What software application are you using on the Surface Pro to transfer photos?

I was not aware that a Surface Pro was supported.  Updated operating systems are definitely not supported.  But, if it has an Intel chipset and meets other hardware requirements, then I do not see why Canon apps would not work.

You say that you have rebooted the Surface Pro tablet.  Have you tried deleting the app, rebooting, and then re-installing it?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Take a look at this recent thread.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Camera-Software/PowerShot-G7-X-Mark-II-EOS-7D-Mark-II-Setting-Up-... 

Another forum member is looking to install software on Windows 11 for use with the same camera as yours.

Yep, and the rep that answered her points her to the page to download software compatible with windows 11, however there is NO downloader available for windows 11, the only software for windows 11 is ai editing and raw image manipulation, neither of which will facilitate downloading photos from Canon

No software exists to transfer photos from this camera to any Windows 11 device. I was on the phone with Canon this morning and they confirmed this. I still had Windows 10 compatible Canon image transfer software which will not work any longer. Why would a surface pro not be supported? It’s a windows device and worked perfectly until I had to update to Windows 11. As I keeps stating Canon is fully aware their cameras are not supported by Windows 11, they flat out told me that, so the camera is useless now. Reinstalling the windows 10 downloader from Canon did absolutely nothing.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Upgraded operating systems are NOT supported. Again. Have you tried deleting the as of yet unnamed Canon app and reinstalling it?

Install the Windows 10 version. Again. I was not aware that a Microsoft Surface tablet met all hardware requirements. It is more to it than being able to run Windows 11. Good luck!

So when you sat upgraded OS aren't supported, Canon expects you to buy a new camera everytime a new OS upgrade is required? That sort of makes their products useless, yes?

whatever1
Contributor

As mentioned in my original post, I did repeatedly download the windows 10 installer and it never works

Announcements