cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Canon - Lightroom Shooters

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you subscribe to Creative Cloud Adobe has just released an update to Lightroom mobile app (iOS and Android) that allows RAW image editing on an iPad and Android devices.

Great for travelling and editing/sharing images.

"What's New in Version 2.4.0

2 incredible new features for Creative Cloud members:

• Raw support is here! With this Technology Preview you can import and edit the raw photos you take with your camera. You can also sync these photos and edits back to Lightroom CC on your computer. For a list of supported cameras, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras
• Local Adjustments lets you selectively apply Exposure, Brightness, Clarity, and other adjustments to a specific part of a photo."

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I use "Creative Waddizzle", powered by Western Digital "My Cloud".  Smiley Very Happy  Same price as one year!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Isn't that a backup workflow rather than a mobile device editing workflow?

I backup my files to a My **bleep** Wireless Pro on the road but I like to share images with friends and family. I use the iPad based Adobe Spark app.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

"Isn't that a backup workflow rather than a mobile device editing workflow?"

I can use "My Cloud" for either backup, editing, or sharing.  I use it mostly for sharing photos with my sons and immediate family. Basically, it is a networked file server, but which can also be accessed remotely across the Internet. The NAS device connects to a web site, and users connect to that web site.  It looks like an FTP server to [remote] users.

The commercial sharing apps are probably easier to use, because they have applications that run on top of the sharing services.  But, I have way more storage space than what commercial applications provide, and I'm not paying an annual fee to use it when I need more space. 

In addition to sharing, I have done some edits for my sons with it.  They upload photos.  I download and edit them, and then I re-upload them.  I cannot directly use it remotely as part of LR Catalog, but I can locally when I am at home.  Yes, my sons love the iCloud, and use it a lot.  Me?  I just don't like the idea of some company taking ownership of my files when I use their sharing services.

As far as mobile device editing goes.... why?  Why would anyone try to edit photos on a small touch screeen without a stylus?  I suppose you could do RAW conversions and apply pre-sets.  But, why do it on such a small screen?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I like to travel light. I have an 11 inch MacBook Air and a 9.7 inch iPad. I don't use the MacBook for editing at home; desktop Windows PC at home.

I can use a stylus on the iPad.

It works well for editing images for journal sharing. It's not a substitute for serious at home production but it serves my needs and I can have all the iPad other features like iBooks etc. and not have to bring the MacBook with me.

Lightroom mobile is far more than RAW coversion and presets. Actually, if one has an iPad they can download LR mobile for free and use it to edit and export JPEGs shot with the iOS device or uploaded via the Camera Connection Kit.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements