cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Webcam Utility wireless connection and WiFi

qiao-y
Apprentice

Hello,

I would like to connect my EOS R6 with my PC wirelessly using EOS Webcam Utility. Is it possible for my PC to remain on WiFi at the same time? My understanding is that EOS Webcam Utility needs to maintain a WiFi connection with the camera, so it's not possible to keep the internet WiFi connection on at the same time.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I need to have my computer connect to the WiFi network that's provided by the camera“.

Not necessarily. You can connect them to a WAP, which provides Internet Service.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Which version of the EOS Webcam Utility are you running? Free or subscription?

Only the subscription version supports Wi-Fi connections. It is new and I am not very familiar with it.. If both the camera(s) and PC are connected to the same WAP that provides an Internet connection, then it should not be an issue.

Thanks Waddizzle. I am using EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.0.12.

The reason why I am asking is to make sure it works before paying for the subscription. With EOS Utility (not Webcam Utility), in order to tether my camera with my computer wirelessly, I need to have my computer connect to the WiFi network that's provided by the camera. This means the computer can no longer stay in the WiFi network that connects to the internet. I was wondering if this is the case for Webcam Utility as well.

I need to have my computer connect to the WiFi network that's provided by the camera“.

Not necessarily. You can connect them to a WAP, which provides Internet Service.

doesn't work for me. canon also charges people money and there is no way to even get any support. what a rip off.

Announcements