cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam utility full version and MAC OS Big Sur

Ssalmorejo
Contributor

I will like to know if anyone have the full version of Big Sur OS and EOS Webcam Utility full version working together. If theres any bug or trouble using both together. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

athirocks
Contributor

Yes, I got it up & running on my MacBook Pro 13" 2017 with Big Sur. Just make sure, that the EOS Utility doesn't run at the same time.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

wivibi
Contributor
What Mac are you using?

@wivibi

I am running it on 2 different imacs 27 inch, a 2019 (intel i5 32GB RAM) with even more delay and a 2020 with 120-160ms (intel i7 16GB RAM)

NotReallyMe
Contributor

Ok, with the codesign trick the Camera now shows up in teams :). How can i disable autofocus in Teams Sessions for the Canon 5D MK IV?

wivibi
Contributor
I would assume you could turn it off on the lense and camera

NotReallyMe
Contributor

Sorry, i meant how can i enable it in teams. At the lens it is enabled, but during a teams session it does not adapt as a move closer or more far away from the camera. As the focus plane is very tight it would be great if the camera would keep the focus on me, as it can be enabled in the Canon software in live view.

wivibi
Contributor
@notreallyme there isn’t an option for focus on TEAMS as far as I know. You mentioned you wanted a way to disable autofocus on TEAMS. I think you just need to disable it at the camera.

Yes, as i mentioned, this was a mistake. I wanted to write "enable", but wrote "disable". I think it is a natural requirement to stay in focus as you move in front of the camera. At this short distance between camera and object the focal plane is quite narrow, so it makes perfectly sense to keep the object in focus when it moves in front of the camera. In live view there is an option to enable automatic focusing, so there should be an option for the camera to keep a certain area of the picture in focus when the camera is used as a web cam as well. How can i enable automatic focusing on the Canon 5D in webcam mode?

@NotReallyMe wrote:

Yes, as i mentioned, this was a mistake. I wanted to write "enable", but wrote "disable". I think it is a natural requirement to stay in focus as you move in front of the camera. At this short distance between camera and object the focal plane is quite narrow, so it makes perfectly sense to keep the object in focus when it moves in front of the camera. In live view there is an option to enable automatic focusing, so there should be an option for the camera to keep a certain area of the picture in focus when the camera is used as a web cam as well. How can i enable automatic focusing on the Canon 5D in webcam mode?

Is that the original 5D that you are using?  If so, is the 5D capable of Movie Servo AF?  Can it track subjects and keep them in focus in Movie Mode?  If not, then it will not be able to do so in WebCam mode, assuming the camera is supported by the EOS WebCam Utility.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzie It is an %D MK IV and it has Movie Servo AF. What do i have to set in the camera to make it autofocus in websessions with Teams?

@NotReallyMe wrote:

@Waddizzie It is an %D MK IV and it has Movie Servo AF. What do i have to set in the camera to make it autofocus in websessions with Teams?

If you are not moving around the room, then there is very little reason to autofocus during a teleconference call.  Once the focus is set, switch the lens to MF and leave it that way.

How do you enable Movie Servo AF?  The same way you would if you were recording a movie.  After all, the proper way to use the Webcam Utility is to switch the camera into Movie Mode.

[EDIT] I suggest that you refer to a Depth of Field app.  People use wide angle lenses so that DoF is not an issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements