cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam utility full version and MAC OS Big Sur

Ssalmorejo
Contributor

I will like to know if anyone have the full version of Big Sur OS and EOS Webcam Utility full version working together. If theres any bug or trouble using both together. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

athirocks
Contributor

Yes, I got it up & running on my MacBook Pro 13" 2017 with Big Sur. Just make sure, that the EOS Utility doesn't run at the same time.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

athirocks
Contributor

Yes, I got it up & running on my MacBook Pro 13" 2017 with Big Sur. Just make sure, that the EOS Utility doesn't run at the same time.

What do you mean by not running at the same time when Big Sur full version is the operation system. So it's Big Sur that runs the utility.  Please clarify your point. Thank you

It means that I installed it when Big Sur is the operating system and it didn't work. The installation process itself seemed to work fine but I cannot select the Webcam Utility in any software.

@PDS wrote:

It means that I installed it when Big Sur is the operating system and it didn't work. The installation process itself seemed to work fine but I cannot select the Webcam Utility in any software.

Which camera are you trying to use?

Under Windows, there is an EOS Launcher Serivce, which detects the camera when you power it up and launches the appropriate version of the regular EOS Utlity for the camera that it detects.

You have to do one more step under Windows to make the WebCam work.  You must disable the EOS Launcher Utility Service.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Canon EOS 5D IV

The 60D. Yes, I know, I turned off the EOS Utility but still it didn't work.

@PDS wrote:
The 60D. Yes, I know, I turned off the EOS Utility but still it didn't work.

I don't think you understood what I was saying.  Turning off the EOS Utlity is insufficient.  You must also disable the service that launches the regular EOS Utlity   I am certain there is a similar mechanism on an Apple.

Iff the EOS Utility opens up when power up the camera, then you need to figure out how to stop if from launching itself.  The program that detects what type of camera that has been connected is in the way., and needs to be disabled.

Thank you. But I don't have the regular EOS utility. My EOS webcam works smoothly with catalina and I can selected in ZOOM for my meetings. I would like to upgrade to Big Sur and thats the latest Apple OS so you cant help me because you are windows.

@Ssalmorejo wrote:

Thank you. But I don't have the regular EOS utility. My EOS webcam works smoothly with catalina and I can selected in ZOOM for my meetings. I would like to upgrade to Big Sur and thats the latest Apple OS so you cant help me because you are windows.

I find that to be very amusing.

You cannot run the WebCam with Big Sur.  What installation and setup instructions are you following? 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Canon-EOS-Webcam-Utility/NEW-Canon-USA-EOS-Webcam-Utility-Mac-Off... 

What I told you about disabling other applicaions that seek out the camera is true for Windows, and even worse on Macs.

Announcements