cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utlity Stopped Prematurely

manojchak
Apprentice

Hi All,

I have a Canon EOS 80D and I am trying to setup the Webcam Utility but I am not able to install it successfully. I am attaching the screenshot with this message.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2214)

Thanks,

Manoj

EOS Not working.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@manojchak wrote:
It was a native installation and I am using a hp laptop. The version of OS was taken using the winver command.

Build 1607 dates back to the Anniversary Edtiion of Windows 10 n 2017.  I think you need to update it.

Is your HP running an Intel Chipset?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The software requirements call for a native installation of Windows 10, not an upgrade from a previous version.

The hardware requirements are frequently overlooked.  What type of PC are you using?  Does it use an Intel chipset?

It was a native installation and I am using a hp laptop. The version of OS was taken using the winver command.

@manojchak wrote:

Build 1607 dates back to the Anniversary Edtiion of Windows 10 n 2017.  I think you need to update it.

Is your HP running an Intel Chipset?

I was having issues with Updating windows too. And somehow managed to get it upgraded and post the upgrade I did try to reinstall the webcam utility and it worked 🙂 Thanks for your help. And to answer your question indeed it is a Intel Chipset.

@manojchak wrote:

I was having issues with Updating windows too. And somehow managed to get it upgraded and post the upgrade I did try to reinstall the webcam utility and it worked 🙂 Thanks for your help. And to answer your question indeed it is a Intel Chipset.

Great.  Another happy customer.  If you're running Canon software that uses USB ports stick to Intel chipsets.  The AMD chipsets seem to have some sort of compatibility issue associated with the USB ports on many AMD motherboards.

I understand that the latest and greatest AMD motherboards, initially released in 2021, may have fixed the problem, which leads me to believe that it was a hardware issue all along, not a firmware issue.  it should not take more than 3 years to fix a bug in your firmware....and it still isn't fixed in the older boards.

MarcSantos
Apprentice

Hi. I am having the same problem (error message) now since I updated my laptop (intel with nvdia gpu) to Windows 11. I can't install webcam Utility. Please help

Announcements