cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility stopped working

EDL
Apprentice

I have been successfully using my Canon M50 as a webcam via the EOS Webcam utility until today. I had a typical, smooth zoom call this morning, but when I tried to use zoom this afternoon, when I turned on the EOS webcam utility, zoom kept crashing. I tried all of the other software that I use with the EOS webcam utility and they all crashed, as well. So I uninstalled and reinstalled all of the apps. Nothing has helped. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system installed on your computer, as well as any other information you think might be helpful.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks! 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If you are using Windows 10, MS just released a series of updates that likely will impact your computer's connectivity.  The first line of defence - even before re-installing applications - is to do a restart of your computer to clear the memory, caches and allow any pending updates to complete.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements