cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility - shuts off then on every 30 minutes

thewong1024
Contributor

I have a Canon 7D Mark II and a Macbook running MacOS 10.15.7 running the 1.1 release of the EOS Webcam Utility.  I have the camera setup as a webcam and works great except for one new behavior.  If I'm in a meeting longer than 30 minutes, it'll shutoff almost exactly at 30 minutes for a couple seconds and then reconnect.  It sounds like it is power cycling.  In the Setting menu I already adjusted the Auto Power Off to disabled.  When I had the beta webcam utility, this wasn't happening.  Only really started noticing it after I updated it to 1.1.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try setting auto power off to 1 minute.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Very basic question. Does AV mode work for webcam use, if so how do i do this?

But how do you stop the screen displaying that no card is inserted?

Do you guys use video mode or AV, M etc.

benjaminfisher
Contributor

was this ever resolved? having the same issue...

Not yet, going to test the auto power off set a 1 min to see if that works.  I did find that if I tap the shoot button it resets the 30 minute timer.  Kind of annoying since I have meetings that go over 30 minutes but it's a hack for now.  Still looking for a more permanent fix.

benjaminfisher
Contributor
I just tested the set auto power off to 1 minute and that seems to have fixed it. Doing a few more tests to confirm.

benjaminfisher
Contributor
I can confirm after 3 tests that setting auto power off to 1 minute fixes this issue. I have it on M mode, video shooting mode. Thank you bridge!!

Glad to hear that this worked for you too!

benjaminfisher
Contributor
Me too! I’ve been researching this issue for over 2 months, you’re literally the only person on all the threads that had the solution. I owe you big time!

Corp_mtg_guy
Apprentice
Impressive. Any one have an idea why setting power off to 1 minute works? It seems like that sets the camera to turn off every one minute, but somehow forced the camera to stay on. Cool that it works. Just curious as to why.

bridge
Contributor
Great question. I don’t have any idea why it worked. I guess I just got lucky.
Announcements