cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility only shows EOS Webcam Utility logo

cfrank01
Apprentice

I can't get the EOS Webcam Utility to show a preview image and it also doesn't work with Zoom.  All I get is a screen with a black background and the words EOS Webcam Utility.  I'm using Windows 11, Canon 70D connected to laptop with an HDMI cable.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that you need to connect the camera to computer using a USB cable with the webcam utility. Make sure that Wi-Fi is disabled in the camera when using USB.

If the subscription covered wireless and the device is paired properly why would we still get this error and need to connect via cable?

@Sllewis4103 wrote:

If the subscription covered wireless and the device is paired properly why would we still get this error and need to connect via cable?

You missed the point.  Disconnect the HDMI cable.  The camera does not switch communication modes between wireless and USB on its own.  

Wireless communication is restricted to subscription mode only.  I am not certain as to whether or not your camera is supported for wireless communication.  Check the application specifications.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sorry for the confusion. The original poster was using an HDMI cable. I got the same error only using wireless. Both cameras should be capable. Origins poster is using a 70D and I’m using the M50 Mk2

@Sllewis4103 wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. The original poster was using an HDMI cable. I got the same error only using wireless. Both cameras should be capable. Origins poster is using a 70D and I’m using the M50 Mk2

Sorry for my confusion.  Please start a new thread for your issue.

Thanks, ahead of time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements