Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility for Mac not showing in Zoom

shayviets
Apprentice

Camera: EOS Rebel T71 

Mac OS: Monterey 12.3.1

Softwares: EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 macOS and Zoom Version: 5.10.3 (6420)

Issue: I recently got a new computer, transferred all of my data over (the previous computer was on the same OS and Zoom version). Previously I was using EOS Webcam Utility to connect my Rebel T71 as a webcam through Zoom.  I've downloaded the utility and now I can't get the utility to show as a camera option in Zoom.  I'd love any ideas on what else I can do to resolve this. 

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 12.28.06 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is this an M1 Mac? If so, If so, someone on the forum reported that if you download the Intel version of the Zoom app it works.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 194817.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is this an M1 Mac? If so, If so, someone on the forum reported that if you download the Intel version of the Zoom app it works.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 194817.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shayviets
Apprentice

Thank you very much! That worked! My new computer has the Apple M1 chip, I downloaded the older version of Zoom and the EOS webcam shows up now. Zoom keeps bugging me to update but its worth it for now as long as it works. Thanks for the help! 

wanqiang79
Contributor

Instead of downgrading zoom to the Intel version, one solution is to download and install the free streaming software OBS.  OBS recognizes the EOS Webcam Utility camera readily, and when its Virtual Camera is started, zoom (as well as several other apps on MacOS) will see OBS Virtual Camera as a new video feed.

wanqiang79_0-1664335834469.png

Announcements