cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Not Working

Roboroy
Apprentice

Hey,

So I installed the software in December of 2020 for my Canon Rebel T6s and had to no problem with it until a month ago when I had a Zoom call and only the logo appeared. 

I uninstalled my webcam utility including the driver on device manager. Now whenever I try to reinstall it isn’t showing up on any application that uses a camera. I checked the device driver and it has no camera driver. 

When I plug in my camera now the device manager says “unrecognized Canon Digital Camera”. 

Please help if you have some knowledge on this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Maybe a driver or recent update has caused an issue?  

Use System Restore and return to a date / point in time when the Utility was working.  

Example is below:

SR.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello,

I do not have a restore point on my system so I will not be able to do system restore sadly. I just enabled it for the future. Would you happen to know any solutions?

Best,
Blake

Hello,

I have tried to do a clean install of EOS Webcam Utility and my camera is coming up as an unrecognized “Canon Digital Camera” under device manager. When I tried to update driver it said something along the lines of “unable to update MTP USB driver”. 

Announcements