cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility MacOS11 Big Sur

mattaddington
Contributor

Anyone know of any updates to be able to use the EOS webcam utility on the latest Mac OS 11 Big Sur?

Thanks

matt

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I don't think there are any work arounds for Big Sur as yet.  Last version of webcam utility was released 11/20.  Supporting Catalina.  

I'm sure something is in the works.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Shadowsports. After posting, I did find the lengthy thread on the issue. Super disappointing that Canon can't stay closer to the release of Mac OS updates. I'm not going to go backwards with OS to use a webcam.

@mattaddington wrote:

Thanks, Shadowsports. After posting, I did find the lengthy thread on the issue. Super disappointing that Canon can't stay closer to the release of Mac OS updates. I'm not going to go backwards with OS to use a webcam.

You should be disappointed with the fact that Apple breaks the first rule of OS design, which is do not break the existing code base when you update the OS.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That too. These guys are not and should not be competing with each other.

Joseph5214
Apprentice

The EOS utility 3 program hangs on macOS 11.0 and does not find attached EOS camera. Which camera are we talking about? not running MAC OS 11, aka Big Sur, I suggest you contact Canon Support with your issue.

Paycheckrecords Login

From what I've read and can tell, EOS Utility 3 and EOS Webcam Utility are two different things. I am trying to run EOS Webcam Utility on Mac OS11 and Canon EOS R5. Not compatible yet.

Announcements