cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam No Output (Light Grey Screen/Black Screen in Zoom/Teams)

strawknight
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just tried installing the EOS webcam to use for zoom and teams with my 7D ii but to no success on a Windows 10 64 bit.

I've tried restarting my pc and reinstalling webcam utility as admin as well as checking the cable connection

(I can see the live view with EOS Utility, I'm sure the cable is fine).

This is what i get below (Zoom) when trying to use the EOS Webcam Utility. Is there any solutions for this?

Capture.PNG

13 REPLIES 13

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure the camera is set for USB.  Install the regular EOS Utility, and make sure the camera connects and can download files to the PC.  This is a good check of your camera settings, and a double check of your USB data cable.

The regular EOS Utility seemed like it needed to be loaded into memory, but disabled from launching when you connect a camera via USB, and then turn it on.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yup, I did all that, could see the camera on live view, and download videos. I think the only option for the 7Dii is usb. Tried reinstalling after installing EOS utility but nothing works

@strawknight wrote:

Yup, I did all that, could see the camera on live view, and download videos. I think the only option for the 7Dii is usb. Tried reinstalling after installing EOS utility but nothing works

Some people use the Canon Wi-Fi card with the 7D2.  In fact, if you have one installed, then remove it.  

BTW, make sure the camera is in Movie Mode.  

Yup, I do not have a wifi card and the camera is definitely in movie mode. Even when i disconnect the camera, it does not show the no camera detected icon in the video preview in zoom, just as a empty screen.

@strawknight wrote:
Yup, I do not have a wifi card and the camera is definitely in movie mode. Even when i disconnect the camera, it does not show the no camera detected icon in the video preview in zoom, just as a empty screen.

You could have an issue with the Zoom app  Is there a web based version of Zoom that you could use, instead of the Zoom app itself?

Does the WebCam show up in other apps?  

However.  f you disconnect the camera, you should not even see the Webcam Utility available as a selectable option.  It is not much diffrent from removing a memory sitck.  Windows Explorer is not going to show you that drive, anymore.  It won't show you the drive letter, either.

@strawknight wrote:

I assume that you connect the camera via USB with the camera turned off.  When I turn on the camera, it is already switched to Movie Mode, so you should hear the mirror lift up, and then dorp back down when the WebCam Utility connects to it.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/ 

There is a link to PDF with instructions on the above web page.

Hi,
I have followed the steps on the pdf and tried it on other apps, Teams, discord but it all just shows me a blank screen. The EOS webcam utility remains selectable even if my camera is not connected.

@strawknight wrote:
Hi,
I have followed the steps on the pdf and tried it on other apps, Teams, discord but it all just shows me a blank screen. The EOS webcam utility remains selectable even if my camera is not connected.

I think being selectable when it is not connected is an issue.  If it is not connected, then the PC should not know anything about it.

Yup, agreed, are the beta drivers still available? I could perhaps give that a shot
Announcements