cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Webcam doesn't work

probably_karma
Apprentice

I recently bought the 7t and got it up and working. It even worked with Webcam just fine. But now suddenly EOS Webcam just stopped working. It doesn't even show up as an option for OBS. I've gone though all the internets suggestions and cannot figure out why it won't work.
I've tried it with Eos Utility on, off, and even uninstalled so that's not it
The wire isn't the issue because Utility will pick us the camera and the Live Feed works
Isn't a software or firmware update, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled
I have no clue. The splash text doesn't even show, it's like it's not even running but I know it is because the drivers are there

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

probably_karma
Apprentice

I fixed it? Not 100% sure what it was specifically I won't lie. I turned off my firewall and reinstalled the application and it works now. So maybe the firewall was.. blocking it off for some reason. Not sure.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I will assume that you have a Rebel T7,  

What type of computer OS are you running?  You must be sure that the regular EOS Utility is not running, as well as the EOS Launcher app that runs in the background looking for a camera begging connected to a USB port.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm on Windows 10. I've made sure no type of EOS was running using task manager. 

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi probably_karma,

The first thing to check with an issue like this is to make sure the wifi on the camera is disabled. When wifi is enabled on the EOS Rebel T7 it disables the USB port. To check that press the Menu button, go to the third yellow wrench page, and make sure Wi-Fi/NFC is set to Disable. Once you've done that check to see if the same thing is happening.

If the issue continues the next thing to try would be a different USB cable. I see you mentioned your current cable works for Live View on the EOS Utility, but it is still good to double check. Sometimes a cable can have a strong enough signal for one program and not another. If you try a different cable it would be good to try a different USB port on the computer as well. If you need a new cable the EOS Rebel T7 uses a Mini-B to Type-A cable.

One more thing to do is to make sure your camera is set to Movie mode. Sometimes if the camera is still in photography mode it can cause connection issues. Along with that if the issue continues try unplugging the camera from the computer, turn it off, take out the memory card, close the card door, turn back on the camera and check to see if the same thing happens. Sometimes software on the computer detects the memory card on the camera and tries to access it as a drive. When that happens it would cause the same sort of conflict as the EOS Utility. Taking out the card is a good way to get around that and the EOS Webcam Utility doesn't need the card to be loaded so it won't cause an issue there.

Wifi disabled. Bought a new cable, nothing. Tried with movie mode, nope. Tried taking the memory card out, still nothing. 

probably_karma
Apprentice

I fixed it? Not 100% sure what it was specifically I won't lie. I turned off my firewall and reinstalled the application and it works now. So maybe the firewall was.. blocking it off for some reason. Not sure.

Announcements