cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 doesn't work with Ventura 13.0 via Cable

darrencoleman
Contributor

I can connect EOS Utility to a Mac running 12.5.1 (Monterrey) but not my new Mac running Ventura V13 on Apple M2 Max processor. 

I've been in touch with Canon Customer Support they advised:"It seems that the camera cannot be connected with a cable when using a Mac with the Ventura OS. However, you can connect the camera via Wi-Fi using the EOS Utility software."

Wifi connectivity where I work isn't great so I used ethernet - hence WiFi isn't an option. 

Has anyone found a solution to this? 

No USB connectivityNo USB connectivityNo ability to change Image capture settings.No ability to change Image capture settings.

19 REPLIES 19

@johnrmoyer wrote:

I have Intel hardware, but I have read that Ventura added new USB security features. There are settings menus on machines with the M1 chip that I do not see on my machine with the Intel chip.

Also, at one point I fixed a similar problem by removing the Canon apps, deleting the folder for the Canon apps, downloading the Canon apps again and installing them again. It seems to me that some of the software permissions are only granted when the software is being installed.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/allow-accessories-to-connect-mchlf779ae93/mac

Uninstalled and reinstalled EOSU. Same problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

johnrmoyer
Mentor
Mentor

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213430

Change the setting for allowing accessories to connect

---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/

@johnrmoyer wrote:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213430

Change the setting for allowing accessories to connect

That didn't work for me. The 1D X Mark III was already "allowed" and when I connected my M200 the connect allow window popped up. Selected allow and the EOSU can't connect vai USB window appeared.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for this thoughtful response.  I was hopeful that would do the job (settings change image attached) but I'm still getting the same error (attached). Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 14.28.53.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 14.27.20.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Guys,

I am a Windows user, but have an M2 with Ventura.  I haven't upgraded to 13.5 yet.  I think I have 13.3 currently.  Like John, I already have my camera's allowed in  GateKeeper.  I'll see if it works and if I can break it with an update.  Since moving to card readers exclusively years ago, I don't worry about this stuff any longer.  I don't shoot tethered either so its not a big deal for me.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick. Did you mean to say Monterey? Ventura is macOS 13. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Edited.  John, Thank you.  I did mean Ventura 13.x  My Neice is turning 12 this weekend.  🤣

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick - when you say a "card reader" what do you mean? Card readers were mentioned in an earlier post but I've no idea what that mean (beyond paying for something at a store!)

I think folks are missing that you said you want to control the camera for videos. Card readers would allow you to download images from your card by removing card from camera and inserting in card reader. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I see. You're correct, I don't need to download the images. I need to control the camera via EOS Utility - which I could with Monterrey but not Ventura. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements