cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D, EOS Utility 3 Failing to Import Direct to OneDrive

adventurousone
Apprentice

I just moved to MacBook Pro, and trying to implement my workflow. 

I install EOS Utility 3, latest version, made for my 90D and Macbook Pro running Ventura. When I try to choose my OneDrive, it gives this error of "You do not have access or permission for the folder. Please select a different folder."

I have verified no access or permissions issues. I also included a snip from the closest thing I found online that describes the same issue I'm having. I unfortunately don't have an extra pc to keep for the sole purpose of EOS Utility workaround that this person had to do.

How do I resolve? I need the solution to utilize my macbook pro, and to directly upload to onedrive via EOS utility. How do I do this? Can anyone help?

Image 9-6-23 at 7.03 PM.jpegImage 9-6-23 at 7.06 PM.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Does The EOS Utility have full disk access permissions in Mac > Security and Preferences?

I remember a similar issue with Google drive last year in DPP, but do not recall what the solution was. John may remember.  I'll ping him.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I do not believe there is anything wrong with that behavior.  I do not believe the EOS Utility has ever allowed you to download directly to a network connected drive.

I have always downloaded locally to my computer and later move/copy the files to network storage.  You can download to any drive that is locally connected, like a USB hard drive.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Yes, do check out System Settings | Privacy & Security.  Look at both the "Files and Folders" and "Full Disk Access" section.  "Files and Folders" would give you more granular control if you don't want applications to have access to everything.  e.g., under "Files and Folders", you can grant access to "Removable Volumes" independent of other access.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I get the same error on my MacBook with Full Disk Access permission. No problem connecting on my PC. I don't recall the DPP issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Based on others consensus, modifying the path might not be allowed.

One other thing I can think of trying.  Enable the "Show Library Folder" option. Not sure if this provides any support to edit the path. 

shadowsports_2-1694096398471.png

Another possibility is image.canon  You must be running the latest version of FW on your 90D.

OneDrive is not listed, but might be supported.

image.canon | Forward images to other cloud storages

shadowsports_1-1694096312341.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements