cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 Preferences, View Settings, Default Sort Order

KeithHill
Apprentice

In Preferences, View settings, Default Sort Order, I select anything other than File Name, tick the "Save sort order for each folder" box, click "OK" then restart DPP4 (per the "*Changes take effec after restarting" notification.

The selected sort order only applies to the folder I was in when I selected it in Preferences; other folders default back to "File Name" for sorting.

It seems that ticking the "Save sort order for each folder" has no effect.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? If a bug, how to I request Canon to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@KeithHill wrote:

In Preferences, View settings, Default Sort Order, I select anything other than File Name, tick the "Save sort order for each folder" box, click "OK" then restart DPP4 (per the "*Changes take effec after restarting" notification.

The selected sort order only applies to the folder I was in when I selected it in Preferences; other folders default back to "File Name" for sorting.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? If a bug, how to I request Canon to fix it?

Welcome to the forum.

The DPP manual wording often leaves much to be desired.

I just tried an experiment and here is what I found:

The default setting applies when you start up DPP, but when you select the retain check mark you limit that default setting to the folder you are in when you made the change; other folders are unchanged from the previous setting. This allows you to have different settings for different folders.

If you change the default order and uncheck the box you get a popup asking if you want to change all folders.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@KeithHill wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

The DPP manual wording often leaves much to be desired.

I just tried an experiment and here is what I found:

The default setting applies when you start up DPP, but when you select the retain check mark you limit that default setting to the folder you are in when you made the change; other folders are unchanged from the previous setting. This allows you to have different settings for different folders.

If you change the default order and uncheck the box you get a popup asking if you want to change all folders.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

AND, that worked! Many thanks. Some kind of inverse logic in operation here, I think!

Announcements