cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer doesn’t recognize r3 update as a valid file

Treilly007
Contributor

I’m sure it’s an easy answer but I don’t know it. I can’t download the 1.4 version of the firmware for the R3. Keep getting an error message on my Mac that the file is not a valid file…thoughts anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Waddizzle is correct about the Mac statistics.

If your file is not "appearing" to open or mount, please open Finder preferences and ensure the "Hard Disk" option is enabled.  This allows the folder to mount on your desktop.  

shadowsports_0-1680359492396.png

There is a difference between invalid or corrupt file and "I cannot find it".  If you aren't seeing it, try the "hard disk" recommendation.  If the file is showing as invalid or corrupt, try downloading from a different location.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Where are you trying to save the file?

Have you been able to download previous updates in the past?  If not, can you download any of the previous updates now?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The overwhelming majority of computer issues being posted to these forums are Mac related.  Try looking at the solution in this recent thread.  The forum member posted about a similar problem with an R5.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Camera-Software/EOS-R5-Firmware-Update-1-8-1-dmg-for-Mac-will-not... 

[EDIT] Please do not post questions regarding your issue on the other thread.  Post your questions  and comments about your issue here.  I posted the link to the other thread as a reference.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Waddizzle is correct about the Mac statistics.

If your file is not "appearing" to open or mount, please open Finder preferences and ensure the "Hard Disk" option is enabled.  This allows the folder to mount on your desktop.  

shadowsports_0-1680359492396.png

There is a difference between invalid or corrupt file and "I cannot find it".  If you aren't seeing it, try the "hard disk" recommendation.  If the file is showing as invalid or corrupt, try downloading from a different location.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This did it thank you all food

Lol all good

Announcements