cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Error PowerShot SX 720HS

jberg
Contributor

Hi.  I have never had a problem before but now I cannot download photos from my camera to my Mac computer.  I have Mac OS Monterey, just updated yesterday.  Apple told me that there is probably software that I need to download to be able to get my pix to the computer.  I have the camera connected to the computer with a card reader and a cable and I try to use Image Capture but it says there is no device connected.  No idea what to do.  Someone please help!  Thanks. jberg

3 REPLIES 3

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jberg,

Thanks for checking in with us.

The software we have available for your camera is older software that was developed before newer operating systems were introduced. You should be able to put the camera in the playback mode and use Apple's Image Capture though.

It might help if you disconnect other accessories that are connected to your computer by USB and then try different USB ports. If you have too many accessories connected, then that might affect the camera's ability to connect. It is also possible that some ports on your computer are stronger than others.

jberg
Contributor

This does not work!  When I put the camera in playback mode it turns off.  Image Capture still shows no device connected.  I am terribly frustrated as the camera is barely two years old.  I have had other Canons for many years.  I and taking a trip to Alaska soon and will have no way to store pictures of the Grands I haven't seen in 3 years??? This whole idea stinks and I am more than dissatisfied.  I have no other things plugged into the ports on the computer and I have already tried putting the card reader etc into different ports with no success.

jberg
Contributor

Finally got somewhere with Apple last night.  I now have a cord connected to the computer connected to a card reader connected to my camera and I was able to download photos to my computer.  Done with this fiasco.

Announcements