cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T6 Not Working as Webcam

jt_hams95
Apprentice

I've tried multiple times to try and get my Canon T6 to get up and running so I can use it to stream but it just shows this box. Any idea what it could be? No other errors, just the "EOS Webcam Utility" that is seen below.

jt_hams95_0-1686268220454.png

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What directions are you using to install, setup, and use the application?

BTW, your image is atypical of what people see when the app does not work.  People will usually see a mirror image of that, with the text reversed.

Make certain that the regular EOS Utility is not running.  Make sure that the EOS Utility Launcher Service is not running, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm using this one which is the top option. I also don't have the subscription service. Is that what could be the issue?

jt_hams95_0-1686339925257.png

You must have a subscription in order to use the “Pro” version of the Webcam Utility.  The installation instructions tell you how to select the “free” version, which does not require a subscription.  These instructions are available on the Product Support Page for your camera model.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-rebel-t6 

Here is a screenshot of how to find the installation instructions.  I strongly recommend that you click on both links and read through all of the instructions.

93708C38-0928-462D-8CAE-40AC627113B0.jpeg

Here is a partial screenshot of the installation instructions.

A587E8C7-F72B-4983-A100-5EFBA35E708C.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements