cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS Digital Camera

Mirandaworks
Apprentice

Does anybody know when the new Canon Porwershot SX70 HS digital camera will be coming out? 

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The Canon PowerShot SX70HS was released in 2018, are you meaning the much-anticipated PowerShot SX80HS?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Mirandaworks
Apprentice

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. My boss will be traveling to Africa in August and would like to purchase this camera. He does not want to make the purchase if there will be a new release soon for this model or if it will be updated within the following 2 months or an update of the version. 

I do not work for Canon, so this is a personal perspective. To my knowledge and after a review of material on web sources, there is no indication of an announcement for a PS SX80HS - usually this is heralded by sites such as Canonrumors.com.  This may be because of on-going logistics and manufacturing challenges that are a hang-over from the pandemic.  China, which is a major suppler of components, is still experiencing lockdowns and this, and the retraction of the logistics network have delayed a lot of releases for all manufacturers.
In the meantime, Canon seems to be focusing its resources on the development and release of the new full-frame R-series cameras and is withdrawing other models from the market.

I will send a personal message to you to explain further

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements