cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Webcam utility not installing on new MacBook Pro

frankrbrannon
Apprentice

I've been using the Webcam utility for about 6 months on a MacBook Pro.  Now I just bought a new MacBook Pro and have installed the software but the EOS Webcam utiltiy does not show up in my list of cameras in Zoom, etc.  Can someone please help?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi frankrbrannon,

Thanks for checking in with us!

We currently don't list EOS Webcam Utility as being fully compatible with the latest macOS, Big Sur, although some computer setups might work with it.

One thing you could try is to use different USB ports, since some USB ports can be stronger than others. Note too that it cannot run at the same time as our EOS Utility, so if you have it be sure to exit out of that program and check to make sure that it is not running in the background via a camera icon on the top right of your screen.

Thanks for your reply.  I've read is a few places that the Webcam Utiltiy will not work on the M1 chip with the new MacBook Pro that is running Big Sur.  It that a fact?

@frankrbrannon wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I've read is a few places that the Webcam Utiltiy will not work on the M1 chip with the new MacBook Pro that is running Big Sur.  It that a fact?

It is probably a fact.  He wrote that the app is not listed as compatible with Big Sur.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements