cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T6 not working with Webcam Utility

Ignallis
Contributor

I've been trying to get the webcam utility to work with my laptop, running Win10 Home, to no avail. Even after extracting and installing properly, it doesn't work and continues to display the USB error. I've tried all three USB ports and even the passthrough on my cooler, still no signal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had Wifi/NFC still turned on while trying to connect the USB. I completely failed to realize that having Wifi/NFC on disables any digital output via the ports on the camera.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Ignallis wrote:

I've been trying to get the webcam utility to work with my laptop, running Win10 Home, to no avail. Even after extracting and installing properly, it doesn't work and continues to display the USB error. I've tried all three USB ports and even the passthrough on my cooler, still no signal.

What does "pass though on my cooler" mean?

Does the regular EOS Utility work with the camera?  Can you use it to download files and perform remote shooting?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have a laptop cooler with a USB passthrough port so I can still utilize the third USB port, and I haven't tried EOS Utility yet.

Ignallis
Contributor

Update: Upon installing EOS Utility, it said the camera was not recognized, despite it being compatible (EOS Rebel T6) and trying all three ports.

@Ignallis wrote:

Update: Upon installing EOS Utility, it said the camera was not recognized, despite it being compatible (EOS Rebel T6) and trying all three ports.

I still don't know what "laptop cooler" might be.  Disconnect it.

What is the exact error message from the EOS Utlity?  What is the name of the program giving you the message?  

Can you see a little icon in the system tray of icons near the system clock on the lower right?  Before you connect the camera and turn it on, right-click that icon and select "Exit".

Refer to these forum pages for tips and tricks

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Canon-EOS-Webcam-Utility/bg-p/CanonEOSWebcamUtility 

These are the errors I get from the registration tools, and when opening the EOS Utility 2 app, I don't get any highlighted option except for Monitor FolderScreenshot_8.pngScreenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.png

I had Wifi/NFC still turned on while trying to connect the USB. I completely failed to realize that having Wifi/NFC on disables any digital output via the ports on the camera.

This solved it for me! I had tried multiple cables, different ports... to no avail. Didn't realize that Wifi/NFC disabled the USB system -- I feel like that should be highlighted better by Canon somewhere in their tipcs/tricks for the EOS webcam documentation. Thank you!

Announcements