cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R5C firmware download issue

xno
Apprentice

I'm having issues downloading the firmware for my Canon R5C. When I go to download from this page it just links me back to the main camera page which doesn't include any links to download. Perhaps there is something wrong with Canon's website tonight? I've tried from multiple computers (MacOS and Windows) to no avail. Is anyone else seeing this issue with the following Canon URL:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/canon-product-advisories/Firmware-Notice-EOS-R5-C-Firmware-Version...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@xno,

Since downloads on the R5 C's support portal were restored, I'm no longer hosting the file for you.  The link I sent is now dead.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Indeed it is.  (broken at the moment)  I just sent you a PM.  You can download 1.0.5.1 from me,

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Peter
Authority
Authority

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

1.0.6.1 was promised the first or second week of December.  There is no link for download, its just an announcement.  Here is the US announcement.

Expanding Possibilities: Canon Announces Firmware Updates for Cinema EOS, Camcorder and PTZ Cameras,...

EOS R5 C

• Adds flexibility with file naming conventions on proxy files, which enhances compatibility with non-linear editing software systems.
  • Enhancements to the vector scope will now enable display of the vector color and color-space on screen.
  • Adds frame display function while recording.
  • Adds compatibility with the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z lens with Power Zoom Adapter and the RF Prime Cinema Lenses.
  • Adds compatibility with Canon’s Super 35mm Flex Zoom lenses.
  • Adds improvements to the camera’s photo mode.

All firmware updates and the app will be available to customers for free download in early December 2023*.

The Downloads for the R5 C USA site is still unavailable,  @Stephen is likely working today so, I'll ping him.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@xno,

Since downloads on the R5 C's support portal were restored, I'm no longer hosting the file for you.  The link I sent is now dead.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements