cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Digital Solutions Disk

picturescue
Contributor

I purchased me the T1i for Christmas and downloaded the software for it off canon's website. Well after the install it tells me:

Installation was stopped. Some of the programs may not work properly. Please try reinstalling the software.

Well I checked the installed programs and the EOS Utility works and Photostich works but

Digital Photo Professional is missing the dppdll.dll file and

Picture Style Editor is missing Ucs32P.dll file

Any ideas on how I can get these files installed? 

I tried reinstalling but get the same error.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have Windows 7 64-bit installed on my computer. 

Do you need those programs?

DPP is for converting RAW (CR2 files) to jpg's but if you only intend to shoot jpg's you won't need that program 

Picture Style editor again may not be of any use to you especially if this is your first non P & S camera. There's a learning curve to this program which I've never felt the need to learn. Learn how to use your camera and then decide on these.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I bought this camera for astrophotography. Most astrophotography is shot in RAW format and I have no other program that opens RAW images

In that case you need DPP for sure.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do the programs show up in Control Panel Programs and Features? If so, try unintsalling. Maybe a Registry cleaner also?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I tried uninstalling it but it won't let me without that file. I'm leary about installing registry cleaners from the internet bc of the malware that comes with those programs. 

I have all the Canon Digital Solutions installed on my laptop, it just won't let me install those files on my desktop.  And I would like to have all this on my desktop cause it is more convenient 

Forgive my ignorance but how do you read a private message in here?

Hi picturescue!

Thank you for your post!

For instructions on sending and receiving private messages as well as other message options, please visit the Community Forum FAQs section.  For ease of access, you may also click the link below to directly access these instructions:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm

We hope this helps you out!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements