cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect App in Movie Mode

MacTechNexus
Apprentice

Is there a way of using Canon Connect App in Movie Mode? I tried to use it in Movie Mode, and whenever i do, it says Remote Shooting is not available in movie mode. Also, is there any way of importing videos from the camera to my iPhone?

I own a Canon Rebel T7, and I have a laptop that doesnt have an SD Card. I need to use the Connect App for on the go video editing. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

With the EOS Rebel T7 the Movie mode cannot be controlled through the app. The movie files themselves cannot be transferred either but that's because of the .MOV file type not being very stable in the mobile operating systems. Other cameras like the EOS R and EOS 5D Mark IV which can record in .MP4 are able to transfer both the photos and video files.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Sincerely,
Mario

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

With the EOS Rebel T7 the Movie mode cannot be controlled through the app. The movie files themselves cannot be transferred either but that's because of the .MOV file type not being very stable in the mobile operating systems. Other cameras like the EOS R and EOS 5D Mark IV which can record in .MP4 are able to transfer both the photos and video files.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Sincerely,
Mario

Is there any other way to use some kind of add on remote (bluetooth, infrared, etc.) to start/stop recording in video mode?

So how can I transfer .MOV files to a mobile device if I can’t use CameraConnect?

MacTechNexus
Apprentice
Thank you for the info

P4Paul
Apprentice

So how do you transfer .mov files from the T7 to a mobile device if you cannot use Canon’s CameraConnect app?

@P4Paulwrote:

So how do you transfer .mov files from the T7 to a mobile device if you cannot use Canon’s CameraConnect app?

Greetings,

The files would have to be downloaded and converted to a file type supported by the mobile OS. Example .mov > .mp4. Then uploaded to the mobile device.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements