cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Open Canon EU3 With Windows 10

Mike8
Enthusiast

As stated in my previous post,  I cannot get EU3 to work with Windows 10.  Does anyone know of an earlier version of the Canon Utility that WILL WORK with Windows 10,  and where to go to download it?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

All previous versions of EU2 and 3 have worked in my environment. Windows 10 Builds 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903 and currently 1909.

EOS Utility versions v3.12.10, also 3.12.0, 3.11.0, 3.10.30, etc..  (and many more)

You can download the EOS Utility (current and previous versions) from your Camera's Support Page.

Enter your camera's model here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support?tab=drivers

Then Software and Driver's > Select your OS. 

You will see downloads for the current version, as well as earlier ones.

Regarding your issue.  There could be several reasons why any software might not run in your unique environment.  It might be your hardware or something that exists in your OS.  Other software, missing drivers, updates, etc.

Unfortunately, "Can't open" isn't a good  (complete) problem description.  It doesn't tell us what you did, or what happened when you did it.  We are not there to see what's happening. 

Can you tell us more:

Windows 10, running on?

Build number?

Installed version of EOS Utility is?

Steps performed?

Error Messages displayed?  

We need something meaningful so we can try to help.  The more information you provide, about your environment, hardware, software, etc, the easier it might be for us to help identify the issue.  I cannot confirm if an earlier or later version will work, but you can definitely give it a try.  Please understand however, you will also need to tell us something more than "I am running windows 10". 

Thanks,

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements