cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lee filters vs other brands

limvo05
Rising Star

Hi All,

I have always used screwed on filters until now, mostly by B+W. Having watched WAY too many videos on youtube, it seems that Lee filters are very poppular with the youtubers. I am curious if anyone here have first hand experience with this brand, and can give me some pointers? I read an article the other day, it talks about filters made of glass are fare more surperior quality than those made by Lee which are made of plastic resins. If that's the case then I don't understand why these filters can run for hunder if not higher.

Thanks,

LV

11 REPLIES 11

Please start a new thread (the one you replied to is almost five years old).   Also, provide some photos along with what you're finding to be the issues.

For cases where color is important, you'll want to look at using a calibrated color workflow.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

aracelitwillis
Apprentice

I'm not much of a photographer myself, but I've heard great things about Lee filters from my photographer friends. They seem to really like the way the filters work and the results they get from them. However, I can understand the concern about the materials used in the filters.On a related note, it's important to think about what you're wearing when making videos, as the camera can capture many details you might not notice in person. That's why it's always good to dress well and look stylish! Speaking of which, have you checked out the men's neckties at https://www.gentlemansguru.com/product-category/accessories/mens-neckties/? They have some great options that would add a touch of class to any video.

Announcements