cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gimbal for Powershot SX740 HS??

Taylorxox1234
Apprentice

Does anyone know if there’s a gimbal that will work with the powershot sx740 hs? 

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Taylor and welcome:
Given that the camera has a tripod mount screw at the bottom, conventional wisdom says you get an gimbal with a tripod screw or plate and that should work with your camera - you just screw in the plate or mount and it works.

Are you looking for gimbal especially for video work?  I will let my video centric associates address that...

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

To my knowledge, the SX740HS cannot be remotely controlled.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I suspected that, but appreciate your video knowledge.  Not sure if the OP wants to just take photos or a video but suspect the latter...

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you for responding. I have a gimbal now that works great for stabilizing but I can’t control the functions of the camera with it so that’s why I had asked if there possibly was one. If there isn’t it’s not the end of the world because I’m able to still remotely use my phone to control the camera functions while using the gimbal for stabilization. 

Announcements