cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Grip for EOS Rebel SL3?

Hedgehog1
Contributor

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced battery grip for the SL-3? Thanks...

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I don't think Canon makes a battery grip for that camera.  See the Accessories Page.

No idea of a third party would make one, but personally I would only use a Canon part.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Canon doesn't make any battery grips for their Rebel lineup anymore this was discontinued with the Rebel T6i. Only 3rd party options are available. Then you don't know how well it work with your camera.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D & Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon did not release a battery grip for this camera body, which means tha that the camera firmware does not know how to alternate between the two batteries used in a grip.  It also means that there are no control signal pins within the battery compartment, which would be used with any buttons, dials, and controls found on a battery grip.  

For the above reasons, I strongly do not recommend using third party solutions.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jabujakan
Apprentice

I own and love my SL3... but I find the grip on it a bit small and painful after any lengthy use.

I have looked for battery grips for the SL3/200d II and can't find anything in stock and could only find one manufacturer that even made one. Surely there's a Canon with the same footprint/battery layout that should fit. Eventually I will move to a full frame sensor some time in the next year or so but would like some relief in the short term. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Announcements