cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any flash recommendations for the R6?

nilesh0640
Apprentice

Looking for a reliable flash that is also compatible with a transmitter. Was thinking about the 600EX II RT but its a bit pricey for me. I would like something with similar/same features though forsure.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is a pretty solid deal. 😃

Shop Canon Refurbished Speedlite 430EX III-RT | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

I'm not sure at the moment what's going to be released for R5/R6 folks yet.  

The 600EX is discontinued.
The EL-1 is backordered everywhere.
The EL-5 Should be released next month, but doesn't work on R5 or R6 without MFS) (Unless some kind of magic firmware update happens) A big one < doubtful
The EL-10 (rumored) never happened

While most will use these flashes off camera, there are going to be times when someone wants to put something more than a 430EX RT on their R5/6, but less than an EL-1

For a non pro, the 430EX RT is a nice flash.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Look into the 430EX III-RT. That speedlite has plenty of power for most of your needs. Also note the "IR/ Infrared" AF Assist Beam DOES NOT WORK on ANY mirrorless camera system. The speedlite will emit a "small series of flashes"/ Intermittent Flash Firing for AF Assist. Regardless of the AF Assist Beam projection method being set to "IR" or Intermittent Flash Firing. But note depending on the ambient lighting an AF Assist Beam maybe projected by the camera instead of the speedlite.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements