cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computer can't read memory card from VIXIA HF M300

mitchgh
Contributor

I've been using Vixia hfm300 for several years. But it's been a few months. Last night I recorded a video. I can play it on the vixia, so I know it's there. But when I insert the memory card into my laptop, I don't see any material.

(Actually, at first I did see old material. I deleted it, thinking the card might be full. But that didn't help, even with brand new material.)

Can you help please?

13 REPLIES 13

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi). It's also helpful to know which software you're using to view your video files.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm running Mac 10.13 High Sierra.

The only way I connect to computer is via the memory card that is not being read.

Tim
Authority

Hello mitchgh, 

If you can, please let the community know which software you are using or have tried to connect up to the camcorder. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There is no software. The way it has always worked is like this: I record video on the Vixia, then remove the memory card and insert it into my MacBook Pro. The computer recognizes the card. And when I click on it, I see the video files that I have recorded. It's this last step that's not happening.

When the card is inserted into the MacBook Pro, when you say the computer recognizes the card, I'm assuming it mounts on your destkop.  For example:

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 8.23.15 AM.png

When you open a Finder window and display the card's contents, what do you see?  For example, the following is what I see when mounting an SD card from my Vixia HF G50:

sd_card_mac_os.jpg

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Not seeing how to reply to rs-eos.

When I open Finder, yes I can see the card. But the folders are empty.

However, I just discovered that when I double-click on AVCHD I can access the clips and then export them as .mov.

This is not how the Vixia used to work.

I have screen shots, but don't see how to post them.

When I open Finder, yes I can see the card. But the folders are empty.

However, I just discovered that when I double-click on AVCHD I can access the clips and then export them as .mov.

This is not how the Vixia used to work.

I have screen shots, but don't see how to post them.

Hi, mitchgh!

Including images is easy! When composing your message, click the "Insert/Edit Image" icon at the top of the text box. It's near the center of the formatting options ribbon and it's a square with a pair of mountain peaks in it. Click on it and you'll get more instructions.

Hope that helps!

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 11.43.49 AM.png

Announcements