cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF M500 : Recording Standard / Resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Canon Vixia HF M500 which I have long used to create YouTube videos.  Not long ago I took a two year break and am recently diving back into video production and now trying to tweek my settings a bit to maximize product quality.  I long used AVCHD so that I had full editing power over the raw footage prior to compression.  This has recently presented many unexpected problems, and I have decided to begin filming in MP4 as that is the format of my product anyway.  However I cannot manage to set my camera to record in 1080p.  every time I put my videos on my computer they are recognized as 720p.  This may be more of a computer issue than a camera one, I don't know.  I have the recording mode set to 9 mbps, but where can I change the settings to 1080p?  I prefer to record 1080p24, the frame rate is correct, no issues there, but how can I up the recording quality?

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actually found my own answer.  I misunderstood the features of this particular camcorder.  This camcorder cannot, in fact, record 1080p video in MP4, only AVCHD.

Announcements