cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual 3G SDI Output on the C500

Fuchur86
Apprentice

Hey everybody,

our university recently got a C500 paired with a KiPro Quad Recorder.

I was under the impression, that I need both 3G SDI Outputs on the C500 to capture 4k video (25p, as we're in germany) on the KiPro Quad, however the KiPro will accept 4k RAW as an input only when it's set to 1 3G SDI Input. When I connect both 3G SDI Outputs of the C500 to the first to SDI Inputs of the KiPro and set input on the KiPro to SDI 1-2 RAW, it won't record.

So basically I'm wondering when I would actually need both 3G SDI Outputs (except for feeding two recorders at the same time), let alone 4 Inputs on the KiPro Quad.

I hope someone can shed some light on this, I couldn't find any real answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Fuchur86
Apprentice

Really? No one has any idea why there are two outputs?

Hello Fuchur86!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your post!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please http://www.canon.com, and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

You will want to contact support in the country of intended use of the non-US printer to determine which inks are used in that printer.

With dual SDI you have greater recording capabilities, for instance one SDI is capable of recording 60fps but with two you should be able to record 120fps

Announcements