cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Camcorder video signal to alternative monitor, older video mixer

Fieldofgrass
Apprentice

Hey folks,

I'm trying to use my HF G50 camcorder as a live video source in visual performances with an old video mixer, specifically a VIDEONICS MX-1. Unfortunately the signal coming from the mini HDMI output seems like its only compatible with a standard HDMI monitor. I get no signal when using the HDMI to RCA cable that works just fine with my computer. I get no signal when going straight into the projector. 

Has anyone had any luck getting a signal on anything other than a hdmi monitor? Is there a converter or a processor that can expand on whats "compatible" with this camcorder? 

I appreciate any assistance!

tim

2 REPLIES 2

MandyDroid
Contributor

Tim,

I have not tried this nor do I have a HF G50 camera. I would recomend trying an adapter with a power supply. Check this link at Amazon for a possible solution. I have found some signals need power / amplification to work on other devices.

1.JPG

[Commercial link removed and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

Tim,

Anytime you have an HDMI signal you have to convert it to a format suitable for your computer or other device. I have used an Elgato Cam Live (available on Amazon). I also am using a Blackmagic ATEM Mini switcher for live streaming to Facebook, Zoom, etc. for live church services. That unit has a built-in converter, so none needed. This will be the case for any video camera with an HDMI feed.

Announcements