cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HF R800 Discoloration

JoshhyBoy
Apprentice

For the past 5 months, I've been using a Canon Vixia HF R800 as a webcam using an Elgato Cam Link. It's been working great, but randomly today when I turned it on, the colors are all purple, and there are lines going down the frame. I don't know what's wrong, I didn't do anything that caused this as far as I can tell. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My Great Capture Screenshot 2020-05-08 14-20-50.png

7 REPLIES 7

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there JoshhyBoy,

To see if its a problem with the camera or not, does the same thing show up on your camcorder LCD screen when its not connected to anything?

Yeah, it's always there no matter what

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I have one that started the exact same issue!!!

Hi JoshhyBoy,

Try doing tests where you disconnect any accessories from the camera then remove the battery and memory card for about 20 minutes. Then try recording new clips on a new memory card and play them back on camera.

If those clips look OK, then try doing more livestreaming tests. If your clips still look distorted, then I suggest that you email us at hdvideo@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

I have the same problem and have followed all the recommended solutions, but to no avail. The LCD still has a purplish hue (and lines). This is a back-up live stream camera for our church. Has anyone found a solution?

A replacement camera ended up being our solution.

Thanks.

Announcements