cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon HF G40 - Low Cut Filter Specs?

Qoncussion
Contributor
I've been trying to find any literature that specifies at what frequency the low cut filter rolls off on the Canon Vixia HF G40 camcorder...

I have several mics with a built in roll off (low cut) switch. Some roll off at 80dB, and some at 200dB.

Does anyone know at what dB the G40 rolls off?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Though an older thread I will give an answer. Cannot find any specfic figures, but the bass roll-off is probably between 80 to 200htz. Frequency measurement is expressed in Hertz not Db. You should have no problem using any of your mics that have built in bass roll-off. Best defence against wind is to use a dead-cat on the mic. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Though an older thread I will give an answer. Cannot find any specfic figures, but the bass roll-off is probably between 80 to 200htz. Frequency measurement is expressed in Hertz not Db. You should have no problem using any of your mics that have built in bass roll-off. Best defence against wind is to use a dead-cat on the mic. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Qoncussion
Contributor
My bad... I meant hertz (Hz) not dB. I figured the roll-off to be between 80-200Hz, but am guessing that this is not spec'd out anywhere. Oh well...
Announcements