cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zr 100 playback is choppy and sound is distorted. Playback is undetermined if clear or not.

greeneye1
Apprentice

I have owned this camera for some time now. It has not been through any trauma or drops. However lately when I go to playback any recordings the playback are chopped up and distorted. Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi greeneye1!

Thanks for the post!

It is possible that this is related to the tape you are using.

1. How old is the tape?
  2. Have you tried other tapes?

If the tape is older, I recommend that you try another tape if you have not already done so.  Try recording new video to the newer tape and see if it still plays back the same way.  If it is still choppy and distorted, the camcorder may be in need of repair.

Due to its age, this model is no longer in service life.  However, you still have the option to participate in the Canon Loyalty Program instead.  The Canon Loyalty Program option allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee, plus shipping. The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks alot...i reposted prior to reading this but i will try the suggestion given.Again thanks alot...

Announcements