cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xl2 video camera not recognized by imac.

pewtherer
Apprentice

I am running  OS X 10.9.3 (13D65) on my IMac, cameras (two different canon video cams) are not recognized - they do not show up anywhere. On my HP, there is no problem so I'm guessing it is a Mac issue. No updates are available that I could find. Any help? camera updates maybe?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

HelloPewtherer,

Based on what you have told us I would make a very simple suggestion and that is to try a different cable.  We say this because your computer probably has Firewire 800 ports and it may simply be a matter of an inferior cable and you'd want to try a higher end one.  Specifically, you should look into the Belkin brand of Firewire cable for this connection as we have seen good luck with those on the older DV cams.  

This should help to resolve the issue.  If this is an urgent technical support matter, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience through our Support and Service web site. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements