cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vixia hg21 will not tape

Jimt
Apprentice

Its been 4 years since using this camera but I find after charing battery  the unit does not film. I can take photos, but not film.This is true whether or not I use the "record button" or the "start/stop" display below the screen. Also, there is material on the disk but it does not display. Any thought on how to get the unit to read the HD?

Thanks,

Jimt

4 REPLIES 4

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Have you tried recording to an SDHC card to see if that will work? It is also possible that after 4 years the battery will not hold a sufficient charge to enable recording to the hard disc. Another thing to try is running the camera from the power adapter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Thanks for your reply. I've tried recording to the SDHC and running with the power adapter, both meeting with negative results. There are no error messages and when I try recording there is no sound or camcorder vibration to indicate recording/working activity. 

Not knowing this camcorder I can only guess. As you can take and I assume, playback photos it would indicate that the HD is working. Is there a setting you have missed which enables either video or pictures to be taken, but not both at the same time?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

No, only able to use the card for photos. I'm thinking the hard disk simply does not respond to commands and probably crashed. I am going to keep playing with it.

Announcements