cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video transfer

Bigjohn636
Apprentice

I have a ZR25MC Camcorder. It is quite old but works perfectly. I would like to transfer my recorded videos to my laptop computer and then burn a DVD for viewing on a big screen TV. Can anyone tell me what cable connection I would need to transfer to the laptop and where I might find the needed connection cable?

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The only type of direct video out is composite video and audio (three RCA style jacks; one for video, two for audio).

However, in looking in the manual, it appears that it can work with an SD card.  However, it seems that you can only save photos (still images) to that card and not movie clips?

If there is a way to transfer the movie clips to that SD card, that'd be your best bet as you could then either get an SD card reader, or perhaps your computer already has an SD card slot.

If that's not possible (I believe this will be the case), then you'd need to look at what types of capture hardware is available for your computer.  I say hardware since you most likely don't have a computer with direct RCA-style inputs.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Another option, is to get a standalone DVD recorder.  You can probably get them for low costs these days.   Make sure though that the recorder would have the RCA style inputs.   In this setup, you'd be bypassing the computer completely.   Though sadly, you won't have the video files backed up to said computer.

--
Ricky

There is a output jack on the camcorder, but i don't know where to get a cable to connect to the camcoeder and a USB port for my laptop. What I need ia a transfer cable, but I am not sure of the output jack configuration on the camkcorder.

I provided a link to the manual above.  Page 128 specifcally calls out possible ways to connect to TVs or recording devices.

Without any information about your computer, it's not known what options may exist to allow you to import from composite video sources.

Also, I didn't see it before since I searched the manual for FireWire.  It does also have IEEE 1394 output.  However, as with the composite video sources, can your computer deal with FireWire? 

--
Ricky

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements